Sixto ditches the 228!? - Page 5

Sixto ditches the 228!?

This is a discussion on Sixto ditches the 228!? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Still waiting...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: Sixto ditches the 228!?

Still waiting

I'm totally freaking tortured.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Sig 229 .40 with a rail. Two tone
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Sixto ditches the 228!?

CZ P-01!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    bombthrower77 likes this.
    "The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary.
    Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

-Joseph Conrad-

M11-A1
    Joey and raytracer like this.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

64 posts later and no answer? Time for bed, good night.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Administrator
    OK, here it goes...

I've been using the 228 as my main gun (carry, HD etc) for years now. So much so, I've purchased several as I ran across them at good prices over the years. I have a lot of 228 stuff. I've stuck to one gun though, leaving the others moth balled or occasionally selling for an obscene profit or to friends in need.

My main 228 has been rebuilt 4 times already, and is in need of number 5. This time it needs sights too, possibly a rebarrel. (doubt it, but it is getting close) My magazines are worn, they need new springs too. This all adds up to a tidy sum. So I started looking. In the middle of all this, I get sent off to an armorers class I didn't particularly want to go too, but I went, as any knowledge is good knowledge. I started playing and tinkering... looking and figuring. Ergonomics are pretty spot on with this pistol. The class was boring, so I entertained myself and found ways to fix things I didn't like. Most of the things I didn't like in the very beginning of this guns history were already fixed from the factory. Gone was the two piece striker assembly. Gone was the cheesy plastic spring retention... hmm... this can be a nice pistol after all.

So, I signed one out of the armory and off to the range I went. It had been a while since I fooled with one on the range. It was 2005 actually. I was involved in some of the initial testing before a major purchase was made. I had a lot of concerns about the some of the ticky tack structural and material choices. But again, most have been corrected. Those that are not, the aftermarket has done so. Anyway, time to shoot. Trigger still sucks compared to my trusty Sig, but thats OK, I know how to fix that. Ergo's are spot on, balance is near perfect, and low, low bore axis. Groups are quick and tight, and I scored really well, better than I had in a long time, in the shoot house. Dang...

Went back to the office and called up the factory rep. Now I have a demo to do what I please with. Time to play. And play I did. Shoot, tear down, put back together, shoot some more, etc, etc. I've found that I actually like shooting this gun more than my Sig now. I can buy magazines for nearly half what Sig mags cost. Parts and cheaper too. Dang nabbit...

Sixto went to M&P.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Years of Sigs and I got a 45c this past year as well. I feel ya.
    bombthrower77 likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Administrator
    The M&P. OK, I can see that happening.

Sixto ditches the 228!?

Which model/caliber did you go with? I carry the full size M&P45 in a Galco combat master. I'm still a Glock guy but I love my M&P.

"The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary.
    Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

-Joseph Conrad-

That really shouldn't surprise anyone, other than Glockman, whose opinion on the (modern) M&P series is well known.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    Which model/caliber did you go with? I carry the full size M&P45 in a Galco combat master. I'm still a Glock guy but I love my M&P.

Full size 9, but will probably add a 9c soon enough. I really like the 45, I shot steel and did well with a borrowed one, but I prefer the 9.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    I thought you would have just gone to fists. I mean, you're SIXTO! What the heck do you need a gun for?
    buckeye .45 and pgrass101 like this.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I thought you would have just gone to fists. I mean, you're SIXTO! What the heck do you need a gun for?
    I'm old as stated earlier in the thread. Old guys dont fight, they just shoot.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Well played, Sixto...
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Sponsored Links