New M&P 40C

This is a discussion on New M&P 40C within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After much begging & pleading from my neighbor to buy my Sigma 40VE I took the plunge today & bought a new M&P 40C. The ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Drgnfly
  • 1 Post By GH

Thread: New M&P 40C

GH [OP]

New M&P 40C

After much begging & pleading from my neighbor to buy my Sigma 40VE I took the plunge today & bought a new M&P 40C. The only problem is there were none in stock & it could take as long as 3 months for the next shipment. The salesman didn't think it would take that long & I certainly hope it doesn't. I get to keep the Sigma until my new firearm comes in so I'm not unarmed anyhow.

I got a kick out of my neighbor. He was researching all weekend & came up with the best price at Streicer's Police HQ. He really wants that Sigma. I got the Officer discount which is also valid for military retirees & hopefully Smith will honor my $50 military coupon which expires on the 31st of this month. If I can scrape up the extra bucks I'll get the Trijicon night sights added. Streicher's offers a good price along with installation for those when purchased with the gun.

All this while I had my heart set on a Glock 23 but just couldn't find any affordable deals. My next choice had been the M&P. Steicher's no longer handles Glock ever since the Milwaukee PD switched to M&P 40 from Glock 22. Once a year they'd have Glock Day & the prices were fantastic.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

2. Remove Ads

You will be happy with the M&P... Very happy.

GH,

I've bought all of my guns from Shooter's Sports Center down in Racine. Fair prices and knowledgeable employees.

GH [OP]
    Thanks for the tip, sioux565! That's good to know in the future. Do they give military/LEO discounts? That alone saved about $100 plus the night sight which I'll probably get is priced at $57 with installation included at the time you buy the gun. The salesman told me I could change my mind until the gun came in & he said, since I've been a uniform & accessories customer when I was Armed Security for years I was in the computer & that's always good for a discount. I remember buying a pair of black cargo uniform pants one & they took 50% off. And no - they didn't convert them to shorts, lol.

Inter9 -

That I can believe. My son is sold. He's going through the Milwaukee Police Academy & the MPD uses M&P 40. He 's just loves them. He still loves his Glock 21 & G 23 (the one I gave him) & he said the trigger was nicer on the M&P & he believes he shoots better & reloads faster than using his Glocks. I checked & Smith doesn't recommend using mags from other models in any other model, the M&P 40 mags shouldn't be used in a 40C unlike Glock where you can use the higher cap mag in a gun using a lower cap mag (g 22 mags in the G 23 or G 27 for instance). I'm not going to worry about a 4 round loss, though.
    Glenn

Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

i have a full size M&P 40 and love shooting it! I have about 1000 rounds through it and have never had one FTE or FTF or any other problem. The trigger feels much better today than it did when I bought it as well. Good choice!

Why don't they recommend it?

Full-size M&P mags in a compact?

I know people that do it with the 9.

Doesn't really effect me since I'm in NY... 10rnd capacity magazine.
    Pistology likes this.

Distinguished Member

Re: New M&P 40C

I have the M&P40c and love it. Just put in the Apex DCAEK and now love it more.

Sent from my LG Optimus Elite using Tapatalk 2
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

I bought my M&P9c at Striechers too. Took about 2 months to come in when ordered about a year ago. I got my with night sights, for $455 I couldn't go wrong. Fullsize mags work fine in the compacts. I've used mine without the grip adapter with zero problems.

Wierd that they would tell you not to use the fullsize mags, unless the person didn't get what you meant, since they have a version that comes with the adapters and mags. Search Results - Smith & Wesson

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar

New M&P 40C

Great little pistol. Feels much better in my hand than any Glock. Enjoy!
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

GH [OP]
    I read the owner's manual that I found on the S&W website & came across the paragraph that warned not to use magazines from other models. I think that's just to cover the S&W butt in case "something bad happens" if you swapped out parts. Gun manufacturers as well as any other like their products to run completely stock. I can't see what difference using mags with more capacity that are exactly the same except for the length.

Vista -

Same price - $455, $398 without night sights & hopefully a $50 coupon for military purchasers. IF the coupon flies I'll probably opt for the Trijicons.
    vista461 likes this.
    Glenn

Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Links