Hogue Handall Jr, will it slip?

This is a discussion on Hogue Handall Jr, will it slip? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought a Hogue Handall Jr. for my M&P Shield and was wondering whether it would slip if I put it on the gun without ...

Thread: Hogue Handall Jr, will it slip?

Hogue Handall Jr, will it slip?

I bought a Hogue Handall Jr. for my M&P Shield and was wondering whether it would slip if I put it on the gun without using the double sided tape sold by Hogue and found at golf shops. Nobody in my area carries the stuff. Or is there another way to get it to hold tighter to the gun? I read something about mixing shampoo with some water, which would subsequently harden like glue.

Thanks!
    Living a life free from fear, means being able to protect it at all times.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    NRA

2. Remove Ads

my limited experience (working in a gunstore and listening to customers), is that if you get the proper size for your gun, it will be fine (no slipping) for a year or two, until the material loses its elasticity. then the grip may begin to slide around a bit. the double-sided tape should help. barge cement should also work. i recommend cleaning the grip with alcohol prior to installation to ensure that there are no body oils on the grip.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    I've had one on my PPS for about two years now and, indicated by how hard of a time I had getting it in place, it hasn't moved one micron since! Didn't use any glue; I turned it inside out and put it on the gun like one does a medical stocking, turning it over itself. It wouldn't just slide on.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Links