Sr22pb sized 9mm?

Sr22pb sized 9mm?

This is a discussion on Sr22pb sized 9mm? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently picked up a ruger sr22 pistol. I absolutely love it's size. I feel this gun would be a perfect carry gun if it ...

Thread: Sr22pb sized 9mm?

Sr22pb sized 9mm?

I recently picked up a ruger sr22 pistol. I absolutely love it's size. I feel this gun would be a perfect carry gun if it where in 9mm or bigger. So my question is which fun out there mimics the sr22 pistol the best? I would prefer it to be 9mm or bigger. Same sized grip would be ideal. I have a lc9 that i carry now but its just a tad smaller than id like. Thanks for any help.

Bob

Too many toys to list...wife might see it. 😁

Kahr P9/CW9 or S&W M&P Shield come immediately to mind.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Sr22pb sized 9mm?

How big is the grip on the new xds 45? I have a kimber 4" 1911 but it's a big of a hefty to cc. Haven't seen the new shield yet. Are kahrs expensive? I would like to keep the budget down if possible.

im sure you already know but they have the sr9, sr9c, sr40, sr40c which is the same model jst different caliber( the size might change with a raise in caliber but not sure with this model). also veiw what ghost tracker listed, those are excellent choices
    ruger91

NRA member

take a day trip to your LGS preferably one with a range that allows you to rent so you can try what you want. Kahr makes good products the CW series is their least expensive model i think. probably the best information you will get when in comes to pruchasing is TRY BEFORE YOU BUY. that one rule can possibly save you alot of frustration, time, and money. good luck with your decision
    ruger91

NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by Bob3663 View Post
    How big is the grip on the new xds 45? Bigger than a SR22. I have a kimber 4" 1911 but it's a big of a hefty to cc. Not with the right holster/belt. Haven't seen the new shield yet. Not single stack but not double stack, sorta' "stagger stack" mag. Are kahrs expensive? Like Toyotas, some are & some aren't. I would like to keep the budget down if possible. Who wouldn't? Give us the $$$ amount, we LOVE to spend other people's money.
    Bob. with all respect, your questions are scattering sorta'...w-i-d-e.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Sr22pb sized 9mm?

Ok. So ill elevorate on what I had and what I need. I have a Kimber Pro Carry II stainless, Ruger sp101 2.25", Ruger lc9, and ruger sr22. I would like to carry IWB with a leather holster. I have a leather holster coming for the lc9. It's made by turtlecreek leather. I am thinking of the akj concealco for the Kimber and sp101. I have recently bought a ruger sr22 and found that size of a gun to be perfect IMHO for cc. I will be getting a good leather gunbelt shortly. The lc9 is a tad to small. The sp101 is a friggin boat anchor. And the Kimber seems to be a bit big to carry even though it has a 4" barrel. If I can find a gun roughly the same size as the ruger sr22 I may sell the ruger sp101. I don't want a cc gun to cost me more than $500. It would kill me to scratch it all to hell. So with that being said, what do you guys feel I should do. Find a gun the size of a sr22 or try to get a good holster and gunbelt and work with the other guns I have. I want to be somewhat comfortable. Thanks in advance.

Bob

Then a Ruger SR9C should certainly be on your "try it" list.

Another vote for the SR9c. I know what you mean about the size of the .22. I have a Walther P22Q which is similar to the Ruger. I have a SR9c for concealed carry, and the P22Q fits in the DeSantis Thumb break Mini slide holster for the SR9c.

VIP Member
    Sig P938.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Sponsored Links