Best Pistol Grip

This is a discussion on Best Pistol Grip within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok, so some of ya'll might think I'm crazy, but hopefully you'll enjoy the laugh. I was doing some work around the house yesterday and ...

Thread: Best Pistol Grip

Question Best Pistol Grip

Ok, so some of ya'll might think I'm crazy, but hopefully you'll enjoy the laugh.

I was doing some work around the house yesterday and realized, of all the guns I own, the one that has the most comfortable pistol grip (IMHO) is my... DeWalt cordless drill. So, then I couldn't help but wonder... anyone noticed a pistol with a grip size and feel similar to a DeWalt?

P.S. I'm having to cover my Glock's eyes as I write this, so it doesn't get its feelings hurt.

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    I guess (hope) we can ignore the battery pack area at base!!

Indeed, some drills do have very pleasant grips but my fave grip - actually on a gun, is my CT-clad 226 ST - it is ''just right'' - - well for me!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

It depends...

Like most of you, I have handled lots of pistols with different kinds of grips, and have developed some likes and dislikes in grip feel. I think that what is best depends a lot on the individual's hand size and shape, and personal taste. So we probably vary quite a bit in our opinions on this question.

My personal favorite is a single stack 1911 with checkered "Alumagrips" from the company of the same name:
    Alumagrips website

The grips have a pleasing cool feeling to the touch and a non-slip texture without feeling sharp or uncomfortable, so you feel that you have a firm grip on the gun and it won't slide around during recoil. I also think they are attractive.

Put a hogue grip on thhat dewalt to make it even better:

http://www.hogueinc.com/handall.html

Quote Originally Posted by saltysquid View Post
    Put a hogue grip on thhat dewalt to make it even better:

http://www.hogueinc.com/handall.html
    I heart hogue.

Senior Moderator
    I personally like Sig, 1911, Glock, H&K, Beretta, and XD grips. I just feel more confident with one of those than a DeWalt if I have to "drill" something.

Just received the Wrap-around grips for my Bersa T380

The grips just arrived yesterday and I put them on last night. Feels real good, but I haven't been able to shoot with them yet - it was dark before I got home last night. Maybe tonight... I had the gun in the pocket of my robe this morning and noticed that the rubber grips might slow down getting the Bersa out of the pocket. The rubber "grips" (pun intended!) the fabric in the pocket. I don't generally pocket carry anyway, so no problem.

I was using the Shado leather holster yesterday and the grips don't contact the holster, so no impact there. Don't expect any impact with the Fobus, either. I also modified the leather holster this past weekend based on some comments on the forum. I formed the leather more to the exact shape of the Bersa. When I bought the holster the company sent one for a Colt Officer. It held the Bersa okay, but not like it was made for it. It originally had a little too much room around the muzzle, the trigger guards have a little different shape, and the ejection ports are in different locations. When I got it formed right I was able to tie in another line of stitching to cinch it up around the muzzle. I still have some work to do on the boning. I really respect the folks who do that for a living. Thanks for the tips, guys.

I have to get out one evening this week or this weekend and teach the wife how to use both pistols - she finally asked! That was part of the reason for ordering the rubber grips. I have a Hogue sleeve on the Hi-Point and she liked the feel of that better. But the Bersa is the more reliable and lighter pistol, but it'll still be her choice. I'll just take it slow and let her make up her own mind.

Enough rambling.

Rick
    The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.

George Washington

sm
    Bone Stock Gov't Model of 1911, Browning High Powers and K frame Revolvers with Eagle Secret Service , Herret's and some other wood stocks.

Re: drill, always liked a OLDer Black and Decker I had. No battery pack, instead plugged charger cord into drill.
    Use Enough Gun

Back when I worked at construction sites there would be a spider box somewhere with a ton of batteries charging for a lot of cordless drills. It was rare that I saw one that was not makita on any job site and that's what we were provided. I'm old and retired now and just use a craftsman, works just fine for what I do now (pretty much nothing).:)

Links