What i would change on a shield

This is a discussion on What i would change on a shield within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I think s&w should have made .45 option...if they had there would be alot less going to an xds in my opinion. I know it ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By multistage
  • 3 Post By Civil_Response

Thread: What i would change on a shield

I think s&w should have made .45 option...if they had there would be alot less going to an xds in my opinion. I know it would have been my purchase choice

The thumb safety is a deal breaker for me. The only reason why I didn't buy one.

Its flush and a very possitive click so doesnt bother me. I hate most though i agree

Well, I'd say the availability could use some work.
    Maynard and wsquared like this.

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    Well, I'd say the availability could use some work.
    Whatever are you talking about? The one that I bought had been out of the box in the store for almost ten seconds before I asked them to hand it over to me.

I'm not crazy about the safety. Yes, it has a very positive feel...but I'd like a safety lefer closer to what's on the Sig P238. There's not a lot of metal on the Shield's safety, and if you happened to have wet hands when you tried to "wipe" the safety off, you might have an issue.

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    I just never use my Shield's safety unless it's going in the safe.

I think S&W started with 9mm and will do a .45 version. From a design standpoint, SA probably was smarter to start with .45 ACP in the XDs and then build down to 9mm, but S&W was smarter from a practical standpoint in having so many of them ready to go the day after the release date.
    Hakkaa päälle!

Quote Originally Posted by wsquared View Post
    Whatever are you talking about? The one that I bought had been out of the box in the store for almost ten seconds before I asked them to hand it over to me.

I'm not crazy about the safety. Yes, it has a very positive feel...but I'd like a safety lefer closer to what's on the Sig P238. There's not a lot of metal on the Shield's safety, and if you happened to have wet hands when you tried to "wipe" the safety off, you might have an issue.
    That Shield is damn near impossible to find in some parts of the country, believe it or not!

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    For a lefty, the safety was a deal breaker for me - I had one and just couldn't bet my life on Murphy's law. These days, any gun that they chose to put a safety on should be an ambidextrous variety.

I traded it for an XD-S and never looked back.

FDE
    Quote Originally Posted by sioux565 View Post
    The thumb safety is a deal breaker for me. The only reason why I didn't buy one.
    It can be removed also

Links