Anyone have experience with Kahr cw45?

This is a discussion on Anyone have experience with Kahr cw45? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am thinking of adding a slim .45 DAO to my collection for a new EDC. I like the Glock 36 of course, but I ...

Thread: Anyone have experience with Kahr cw45?

Anyone have experience with Kahr cw45?

I am thinking of adding a slim .45 DAO to my collection for a new EDC. I like the Glock 36 of course, but I don't like the price of Glock these days so I am taking a hard look at a Kahr CW45. The price looks good. I have had a CW9 when they first came out and I really liked it. It was plenty accurate, lightweight, and really easy to carry concealed. I am wondering how the recoil is compared to the Glock 36. I have fired the G36 and it is very manageable. Give me some feedback guys. And please, not on the Glock. I love the Glock, just not the price.

2. Remove Ads

Love mine! Has been my EDC going on 5yrs. Never any problems. Very accurate little pistol as well!
    Kahr CW45
    Glock 19 OD

If Obama is the answer it was a dumb question.

VIP Member
    Have been carrying a CW45 t work for nearly 2 years. No problems with it. Accurate and easy to carry. Actually I did have one problem, but I don't consider it. The gun refuses to operate with Tulammo at all. Other than that it feeds anything I throw at it.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I thought it was pretty snappy. I couldn't shoot it well enough to be comfortable with it. That's not to say that the gun wasn't good, it just wasn't a good fit for ME. I would say try to find one to rent or borrow before you plunk your money down.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    I thought it was pretty snappy. I couldn't shoot it well enough to be comfortable with it. That's not to say that the gun wasn't good, it just wasn't a good fit for ME. I would say try to find one to rent or borrow before you plunk your money down.
    Good advice, but really hard to do around here. The snappiest gun I have ever fired was a Glock 27 in .40S&W. If I can handle that, I figured the Kahr would be either equal to or a little less.

The CW45 is my .45 ACP of choice for CC. I've shifted to 9mm for most CC these days, but when I carry a .45, it's the Kahr. Recoil will be milder than a G27.

Regards,
    Jim

Links