Need advice for a proper holster.

This is a discussion on Need advice for a proper holster. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi everyone, I'm relatively new to this forum and I seem to be in a funk. I turned 21 back in September and I have ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By archer51

Thread: Need advice for a proper holster.

Wink Need advice for a proper holster.

Hi everyone,
    I'm relatively new to this forum and I seem to be in a funk. I turned 21 back in September and I have already bought 2 handguns(I think I'm addicted)! I plan to conceal carry when I return from basic training in July but I can't decide on what holster would be best for me. The 2 handguns I own is an SR1911 and a CZ75B Omega. I love these guns and the way they perform but I would like to get a holster that I could use for both guns. So that way I can carry my 1911 one day and my CZ the next. The reason why I would prefer to switch off is because I LOVE the ergonomics of the CZ along with the night sights, trigger system, high capacity, etc. but I feel as though I'm much more accurate with my 1911 and we all know that 45ACP > 9mm. But right now it doesn't exactly matter if the holster is in the waist or not, I'm just trying to get a lead on what I can use effectively with both guns. Thank you!

2. Remove Ads

Get a MaxTuck from White Hat Holsters. For under $20 you can get an interchangeable kydex for just about any handgun. In about a minute or two you can change out the kydex so that you can switch guns. Concealed Handgun Holsters and Holster Parts & Accessories - White Hat

MaxTuck Black Cowhide-172.jpg
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

VIP Member
    You won't find 1 leather holster that will fit both guns. I'd recommend spending the money to get 2 quality holsters.
    ccw9mm, RAL, Doodle and 2 others like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I have come across several Nylon holsters, at gun shows, that are fairly universal and claimed to fit several of my pistols. While I have purchased several of these wonder holsters, I have never found one I was happy with.

I strongly encourage you to get holsters designed for each of your pistols. You will be much better served by having a proper fitting holster for each pistol.

Go to the forum tab and scroll down toward the bottom. You will find many, fine holster makers are sponsors here on DC.

BTW - Welcome to the forumn!
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

First thank you for the endevour you are about to partake in serving our country. You stated your relatively new to handgun ownership. When I was 21 I wanted a good holster for the handguns I had. I ended up finding out very quickly that you will aquire a large amount of holsters because none of them are just right and all of them are great. As far as the universal nylon type holsters, I never found one that was right and quite frankly the fit of the pistols in them is very very poor. I would suggest kydex or leather and separate holsters for each pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    Get a MaxTuck from White Hat Holsters. For under $20 you can get an interchangeable kydex for just about any handgun. In about a minute or two you can change out the kydex so that you can switch guns. Concealed Handgun Holsters and Holster Parts & Accessories - White Hat

MaxTuck Black Cowhide-172.jpg
    I wasn't aware that that they had swapable kydex bodies. That's a really nice feature and will probably order my next hybrid from them because of it. Thanks for the info.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

RAL
    You can swap kydex portion with an Old Faithful also BUT if you order one of their stage 3 kits, it only takes about 15 minutes to put the thing together and you save $25.00. If I were you I would buy 2 holster kits. One for each gun.

Old Faithful Holsters - The Holster Store of Most Comfortable Gun Holsters
    I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

Evil prospers when good people to do nothing. Please don't turn your back. ACT!

Links