SP 101 "Club"

SP 101 "Club"

This is a discussion on SP 101 "Club" within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK, too many intelligent people with intelligent testimony talked me into it. I ordered an SP 101. I really don't know if it will replace ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: SP 101 "Club"

SP 101 "Club"

OK, too many intelligent people with intelligent testimony talked me into it. I ordered an SP 101. I really don't know if it will
    replace my 1911's, but it will get used. I guess it was an itch that I had to scratch. I always wanted one and there were so
    many people on this forum that swore by them, I just had to get one. I feel like a little kid at Christmas waiting for the presents. I won't have it by Christmas time, but when it comes, it will be a .357 with a 2 1/4" barrel.

Sometimes, you just know it is right to take ownership of something. I have that feeling with the SP 101. Thanks for all of the
    advice. I hope you all have a great Christmas.
    darbo likes this.

You won't regret the purchase. It is a great gun.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

If I ever purchase a revolver again, it'll be an SP101 that's for sure.

I doubt you'll be disappointed.

I had that itch recently and scratched it with the 3" barrel version. I'll have it till the day I die

It is a Ruger revolver. I highly doubt you wont like it, or be able to destroy it. Enjoy!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Goldy49 View Post
    ... I really don't know if it will
    replace my 1911's, but it will get used. ...
    It will never replace your 1911, but it will, undoubtedly become your favorite revolver. I, too, have the 2-1/4" version, and I figure that if I should run out of ammunition, it will serve as a great sap.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Oh yeah, that's what I'm talking about...you're ARE going to love that tank...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I ccw one, I love it and trust it with my life. It replaced my Titan FX45.

I love all three of my SP101 tanks.

Welcome to the club
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

I have a predecessor of the sp 101, the Service Six with the short barrel. It is an outstanding handgun.

SP 101 "Club"

I have a 2 1/4 barreled .357 sp101. Very nice gun. I outfitted mine with new grips and a trijicon front tritium sight. I will have a holster on order for it as soon as the holidays are over from akj concealco. I think this may go into rotation with the lc9.

Bob

Too many toys to list...wife might see it. 😁

Great revolver. Handles the .357 load well, conceals well, especially in a CBST holster, or in my UBG holster. Did a trigger job to decrease press weight of trigger. Ruger makes outstanding firearms.

I have the 2 1/4 .357.wife won't let me get rid of it even if I had any inclination to do so. It's her HD gun. My personal handguns are both Rugers.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Ohhhh, I thought you were telling us the SP101 WAS a club. You're damn right it is, you can also use it for an anvil, a boat anchor, a sledge hammer & a great excuse for a fine holster & dedicated gun belt. It is the fearless rhino of j-frame size revolvers. It is the anti-Taurus of reliability. It eats hot .357 mag ammo like a rat on a Cheeto. It is, IMHO, the best small, serious revolver on the planet. And if you wanna' know how to slick-up the trigger...PM me. I think the SP101 ROCKS!
    mulle46, Hulley, grouse and 6 others like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I joined the club a few months ago and it was my dailey carry until I picked up a P238. But to be honest my SP101 (2.25" 357) carries as easily and now I just pick which ever I feel like carrying. I absolutly love my SP101 and see it forever in my safe, in fact I want to get the 3" 327 federal mag version. It is by far the most beautiful gun I own.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links