Caracal-C

This is a discussion on Caracal-C within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got to take my Caracal C out today and put some defensive rounds down the tube. All rounds shot very well at 10 and ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By TWO GUNS

Thread: Caracal-C

VIP Member

Caracal-C

I got to take my Caracal C out today and put some defensive rounds down the tube.
    All rounds shot very well at 10 and 15 yards. All rounds stayed inside of the 9 ring with slow fire.
    When I was shooting rapid fire I did have 3 rounds go high and into the 8 ring with Speer GoldDots.
    I shot about 300 hollow point rounds of different kinds of ammo from 115 Gr to 147 Gr and all ammo was just as accurate as the others.
    The 147 Gr ammo did shoot about 1 inch high at 15 yards.There were no jams or FTF with any of the ammo.
    I love the trigger on this as it is 4.2 pounds with no creep. The reset is awesome on this gun.
    Sorry about no pics, I forgot to bring my camera. I will remember next time to bring it. I know it didn't happen when you have no pics.
    So far 625 rounds fired with no issues. This gun likes all ammo but does print a little high (one inch) with 147 Gr ammo.
    It is a Keeper for sure!!
    I took this pic of the Caracal when I got home. I did not clean it yet.
    Attached Images
    aus71383 and krisspy like this.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

2. Remove Ads

Is that the model with those weird trench sights? How did you like those?

S-w-e-e-t. And yeah, those sights. Your impressions?
    "Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member
    Next to the trigger the sights are the best part of the gun. I have old eyes and these sights are easy to use.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

I have a Caracal-C with standard sights. I have to agree that it is a joy to shoot. After several hundred rounds, I have had a few failure to extracts. I had a bag of mixed FMJ ammo. No idea which brand cause the problem. (WWB, Federal, Fiiochi,....). I separated these and am waiting for the next range trip. Feel sure it is an ammo issue as opposed to weapon issue...this gun allows a very easy follow up shot. I have added a fiber optic sight and stainless recoil rod.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    --Richard Henry Lee, 1788

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

I have a F model with the standard sights. Great trigger and 0 malfunctions of any kind. I may pick up a QS model also.

Links