Mec-Gar 17 round magazine for SP2022

This is a discussion on Mec-Gar 17 round magazine for SP2022 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have had my Sig Sauer SP2022 9mm for a little while now and have been wanting another magazine since it only comes with one. ...

Thread: Mec-Gar 17 round magazine for SP2022

Mec-Gar 17 round magazine for SP2022

I have had my Sig Sauer SP2022 9mm for a little while now and have been wanting another magazine since it only comes with one. I am always looking for a deal and the best price I found for the factory 15 round magazine is about $40. I was at Academy Sports and I found this Mec-Gar 17 round OEM magazine for $35. I decided to give it a try. I bought it and some Snap Caps for dry fire practice and practicing my reloads. The magazine fits well and drops clean and easy. The only thing I don't like is there is a small gap between the base plate and the grip of the pistol. It doesn't really seem to be a big issue, just looks odd. As there are no pics of this magazine anywhere, here is one I took to give you guys a reference if you want to buy one.

2. Remove Ads

Top Gun Supply has LEO used mags for very cheap. Bought two a month ago - some scuffs on base plate, but purely cosmetic. Think they were about $18 each.

Really!? I am going to check that out.

They are no longer listed. But $35 for the factory magazine is pretty good. Maybe I will order a couple and use the Mec-Gar on the range and rely on the Sig Mags for SD.

Links