Sig 229r 9mm DAK

This is a discussion on Sig 229r 9mm DAK within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Purchased a Sig 229r DAK in 9mm, night sights and waiting for it to get here. The person I bought it from had surgery and ...

Thread: Sig 229r 9mm DAK

Sig 229r 9mm DAK

Purchased a Sig 229r DAK in 9mm, night sights and waiting for it to get here. The person I bought it from had surgery and just emailed me and is now shipping it tomorrow, so should be here next week.

I already have a Milt Sparks IWB holster Versa Max, Crimson Trace Grips and 6 spare 15 round mags waiting for it to show.

Purchased a Sig 220 Carry DAK, night sights and love the pistol and just wanted to add to the carry rotation a 229r in 9mm.

Anyone have a Sig 229 in 9mm?

Your experiences CCW with it?

2. Remove Ads

I like the DAK - I have a 226 .40 cal. Haven't carried it concealed, though I imagine it would work just fine.

Austin

I just got a DAK 229 and Milt Sparks VM2 but haven't carried the combo yet. The VM2 allows me to carry a P30 MUCH better than my 27 in a Mitch Rosen CLP. I can only imagine you have the perfect holster and grips for your 229. Enjoy.

I have a Sig P229 in 9mm with the night sights. It's my favorite gun since it fits my hand well. I also have the P226 and the P239. They are all really accurate. I also bought the 22 conversion kit for the P229 which makes shooting it that much more fun since the 22 bullets are so much cheaper. The guns are all DA/SA. I wanted the DAK but everyone at the gun store tried to talk me out of it! I got discounts on the guns I bought; I would have had to pay full price on the DAK. Let me know how you like the DAK trigger.

“Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good.” Thomas Paine

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    I could not get into the DAK trigger myself. Either you love it or you hate it. It was not for me. I did have a 229R in 9mm with a DA/SA trigger that I loved. It was very accurate and fun to shoot. The 229R soaks up the recoil and it was very controllable. I think you got yourself a good carry gun and you might find yourself carrying it more than the 220R. I would suggest getting some MecGar 15 round magazines for it and you will be good to go.

I have a P229 9mm with the SRT DA/SA trigger and it is by far my favorite gun. I also have two other Sigs, a P225 and P238, Sigs are my favorite. I've never tried a DAK trigger but the DA/SA (except the P238) is one thing I like about Sigs.
    I carry a .357mag because no one bickers about the .357mag being "enough".

I've had mine since late in 2006. 229R DAK TT with night sights. No problems concealing it. It's also the pistol I shoot the best. I suspect that's because I spent a lot of time working on the DA trigger pull on DA/SA guns (and the DAK trigger is lighter and smoother) and it fits my hand really well.

Congrats on the purchase!

Oh ya, and it even works when you carry it on the "wrong" side.

Links