SA XDM-45 question

SA XDM-45 question

This is a discussion on SA XDM-45 question within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Correction XDS not XDM. So I went to lgs and though I knew better, I held a few guns. Low and behold the XDS-45 acp ...

Thread: SA XDM-45 question

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar

SA XDM-45 question

Correction XDS not XDM. So I went to lgs and though I knew better, I held a few guns. Low and behold the XDS-45 acp slim was among those held and it spoke to me. Does anyone have any experience with this weapon? Good, bad, ugly?
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

I have 2 XDs and I would love a XDs. I have heard more good than bad and there have been some post here

I bought my XDS a little over a week ago. I have fired 171 rounds without a single issue. Prior to the first range trip the gun was field stripped and lubed in the recommended areas. The ammo that I have fired to date is 100 rounds of Winchester White Box, 50 rounds of PMC Bronze Brass and 21 rounds of CCI Blazer Brass.

Use the slide release or pull the slide all the way back and let it fly to chamber the first round. Recoil is easy to manage and it's very accurate. I love the way if feels in my hand but the grip is a little on the short side with the 5 round magazines.

I have read more positive posts than negative. I know that some issues are user induced. The small size of the gun makes it easy to "ride the slide" or eject the magazine while getting it ready to shoot again.

I have had my XDS long enough to have about 1k thru it over the past few months time. Havent had any issues out of mine at all. Recoil is less than a PF9 and easy to manage.
    As Jim said dont try to slingshot the slide. Use the slide release. Thats what its there for.
    Pearce grip already has a extension out for them if you dont care for your pinky not having something to home onto.
    break it in with 200+ rounds of ball ammo and then pick you a carry ammo to try and you should be good to go.

Links