Any Opinion on FMK?

Any Opinion on FMK?

This is a discussion on Any Opinion on FMK? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I took a gander at one of the 9mm FMK pistols the other day. You know, the one with the Amendments engraved all over it. ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sgt45

Thread: Any Opinion on FMK?

Any Opinion on FMK?

I took a gander at one of the 9mm FMK pistols the other day. You know, the one with the Amendments engraved all over it. Appears to be designed "much" like a Glock 19. Same sort of take down lever, trigger safety, size, shape, etc. The one thing that really caught my attention tho was the grip. Soooo much better than the square block grip of the Glock. Slide seems to run nice and smooth on the rails also, and the price was only $349.

Anyone had the opportunity to shoot one of these, or have one?

I kinda liked what I saw, and love the grip vs the glock.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Wow, nobody?
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Never heard of it, never seen one in person. I just now saw their website when I looked it up. So....hard to say. Made in U.S.A. sounds good. I bet holsters would be a challenge.

Austin

According to their site it's got a mag disconnect. It also says Mass. Approved. Doesn't MA require a crazy heavy trigger?

It looks like they're more proud of having a firearm covered in slogans than proud of having built a nice firearm.
    ,____,
    //' British Agent
    "
    "Happiness is a warm Gun."

I would think that it would fit the same holsters that fit a Glock 19. I didn't try the trigger but it seemed like a well made firearm. Well one thing about a mag disconnect. It'll stop you from chambering a round, dropping the mag, then pulling the trigger and shooting yourself. That seems to be everybody's favorite way. I don't have a big issue with mag disconnects.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Mag disconnects can be useful, but I don't prefer them on my weapons. Mag disconnect can be useful for weapon retention
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

I don't intend on shooting my gun with the mag out anyhow. Might have to, but in most cases, not. Mag disconnects are a good safety feature I think, because this is how many ND's happen, when someone chambers a round prior to ejecting the mag, then pulls the trigger. I think if they all had this safety feature, there would be fewer ND's from this type of scenario.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Another gizmo to go bad in order to correct a problem that exists because of negligence. If you practice the 4 rules of safety, you don't have ND's. The best safety on a gun is that which is between your ears. Do we make mistakes, yes, but if you keep your damn finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot, if you've identified your target and what's behind it, if you never point your gun at anything you aren't willing to destroy and if you treat every firearm as if it were loaded you won't have a ND. Firearms safety is your responsibility, NOT the other guy's. OK, I'll get off the soapbox and take a deep breath or two :)
    aus71383 likes this.

Links