S&W M&P 45C: Is a full magazine possible?

This is a discussion on S&W M&P 45C: Is a full magazine possible? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I like my 45C very much, but I have to say loading the magazines (or trying to) makes Glock mags seem easy. I've yet to ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty
  • 1 Post By multistage

Thread: S&W M&P 45C: Is a full magazine possible?

S&W M&P 45C: Is a full magazine possible?

I like my 45C very much, but I have to say loading the magazines (or trying to) makes Glock mags seem easy. I've yet to get the 8th round in an 8 rd magazine with anything less than Paul Bunyan's hands or a C-clamp. Anyone else have any success with this? Is there a loader out there similar to that used for Glocks? I assume there is, but I haven't seen one. I'm also wondering if the extened mag for the 45 will fit the 45C?

Thanks.

2. Remove Ads

Got one and I use this,makes the job easy,and even after leaving the mags loaded for months they are still just as hard to get the 8th round in.Many gun and sporting goods stores carry them so you should be able to find one locally
    Maglula UpLULA Pistol Mag Loader Unloader Polymer Black
    darbo likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Get an UpLULA. It will fill your mag and preserve your thumb.
    darbo likes this.

I have a 45c and haven't had an issue with either magazine that came with it. Not to say it was easy at first, but it didn't require Herculean effort to get the 8th round in either mag.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    Get an UpLULA. It will fill your mag and preserve your thumb.
    Agreed - I have two and use them constantly, actually purchased the 2nd one when I found it on sale just in case I end up loosing the original. I am that hooked on them.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidboot View Post
    I like my 45C very much, but I have to say loading the magazines (or trying to) makes Glock mags seem easy. I've yet to get the 8th round in an 8 rd magazine with anything less than Paul Bunyan's hands or a C-clamp. Anyone else have any success with this? Is there a loader out there similar to that used for Glocks? I assume there is, but I haven't seen one. I'm also wondering if the extened mag for the 45 will fit the 45C?

Thanks.
    I'm not sure how old the mags are, but as you stated, the Glock mag springs are very stiff out of the box. After letting the mags sit for a week fully loaded, they softened up a bit. Have you tried that?

Same problem with their M&P 40C. Bought extra mags & they are all easier to load.
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

+1 on UpLULA, I couldn't imagine life without this amazing contraption. I don't even have the hand strength to load ONE round in a double stack mag. The UpLULA makes reloading mags so much faster, too, which equals more time shooting. Gotta get me a 2nd (or 3rd even) to put in the SHTF/TEOTWAWKI/ supplies. Guns I can't load won't do me no good when the zombies come

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    My wife just picked up a M&P9c and I have to say loading the mags is the hardest I have seen and do really need a uplula to aid in reloading at the range. Her mags even in 9mm are one round short of max at 11 rounds in stead of 12 . I am going to take them down again this morning to see if the springs in backwards and anything else screwy.

Thanks for all the good advice; I'm glad I'm not alone in finding these mags a little "difficult". I believe I will acquire one of those gizmo's for loading. What about the extended mag from the M&P 45 in the 45C? Anyone know if that fits?

Quote Originally Posted by Skidboot View Post
    Thanks for all the good advice; I'm glad I'm not alone in finding these mags a little "difficult". I believe I will acquire one of those gizmo's for loading. What about the extended mag from the M&P 45 in the 45C? Anyone know if that fits?
    Yes, the ten round mag does fit and what's even better is that Xgrip just came up with a nice filler piece.
    S&W M&P.45C | XGRIP

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Yes, S&W does like to make their mags hard to load full. Even my used 6906 mags are difficult to get that last round into.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I don't own a 45c anymore but I did a year or two back. I don't remember having an issue loading the mags to full. Maybe the design was different back then.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

It's also imposible to get the tenth round in a 9c (10 round restricted mags), even with the uplula.

Links