sights ??

sights ??

This is a discussion on sights ?? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; whats the best sights for a handgun in low light situations??? i have several different types but nothing seems to give me what i need ...

Thread: sights ??

sights ??

whats the best sights for a handgun in low light situations??? i have several different types but nothing seems to give me what i need in low light...im an ol'geezer with less than perfect eyesight......need some opinions please...
    virg

I'm a big believer in night sights, for all defensive firearms. They are only good for the first shot of the string, because after that you'll be blinded by the muzzle flash, but better to know your first round has a chance of reaching it's intended target huh? I've found that I need to change them out every 5-7 years though, because the "glow" seems to dim after awhile. That's a hundred bucks, or so well spent in my opinion. Not sure of the brand name of the sights, but I really think it's six of one, half a dozen of the other. All major manufacturers sights are pretty darn good, in my opinion.

I also have weapon lights, on the weapons that accommodate them, and handheld Surefire torches at hand, for those times when you need to light it up.

Don't know if this helps Virg, but it's my .02 all the same. Be safe.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Have you tried a lazer for low light situations?
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Log On | TRUGLO, Inc.

My body's not so old, but my eyes sure are, lol! I've been looking at the TFO's by TruGlo (tritium w/ fiber optic). I have a regular green fiber optic front sight on my Ruger Mark III, and it's nice and bright at the not-so-brightly lit indoor range. My hubby has the regular TruGlo night sights, and they're nice for darkness, but a little harder to pick up in brighter light. I have no experience with the TFO's, but combining the fiber optic and glow in the dark looks like a good combination for visibility.
    EDC--XD9 Service and/or XDs-45 depending on my mood
    Soon-to-be new mama to a S&W 66-2 4"

CT Laser sights.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

VIP Member
    Second for the Truglow. (with fiber optic) I have them on my Glocks and love them. I have the both Sig and Kimber night sights on my other weapons, but the Truglows are the best. I have several laser sites but they can be hard to see at times. Plus they could give your position away.

XS 24/7 Big Dots with a CT laser on my G19 give me what I need.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I like Mepro night sights. There's probably a reason Sig Sauer and Glock use Mepos as stock night sights on all their pistols (when equipped with them). I also have a couple of pistols with Trijicon night sights.......I like the Mepros better. The dots on Mepros are larger and there is a larger paint ring making them easier to see in good light.

thanks yall...... i have a CT laser on my bedside gun and it works great, but dang they are exspensive, thats why i was looking for a "cheaper" option for my carry 1911...i also have a red vial on a Baretta 96 but it isnt all that great....too bad nobody at the range has anything that i can try before i buy... what is on my carry gun now is the Trijicon night sights, and they are totally useless unless ur shootin in complete darkness.. thanks again !!
    virg

TFO... in my opinion nothing compares in low light... where night sights aren't really doing much but regular sights aren't either... like at dusk and dawn. TFO's glow like the sun in those situations.

This is my answer - a laser, tritium. and color enhancement.
    BTW I'm a 74 year old geezer with trifocals and this combo works for me.

Bobo
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other"
    ~John Adams

Sponsored Links