RUGER LCR Club

This is a discussion on RUGER LCR Club within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here's a better pic of mine....

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: RUGER LCR Club

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    Here's a better pic of mine.

...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

2. Remove Ads

mysnubies by savenit, on Flickr

38 on top. 357 on the bottom. Smith 317 in the middle for practice. The Smith likely would have been a 22 lcr if they existed at the time that I purchased the 317.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    My wife's EDC is a LCR .38 with CT.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    Any problems with shooting low after installing the XS or other tritium front sights?

I've read that it has happened with the XS on the .357 versions and 125 gr. Magnum ammo.
    www.czforum.com

Go RED SOX!

What sort of holsters are you guys using for the LCR?

Here's another pic with the XS sight just installed yesterday that I got for Xmas Already had the bantam grip I put back on

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    I have a SideGuard Quick Clip IWB, Fobus paddle holster and a Tuff Products Pocket-Roo pocket holster.
    All take both the SP101 and the LCR.
    I have a Don Hume 715 for LCR only, that is OK but it sits in the drawer a lot due to these other three options.

Tuff Products :: Pocket Holsters

SideGuard Quick Clip Review
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

I'm using a Clament holster as sent to me by Terry Clament.

I'm usually a HIGH NOON fan and user

but this seemed to be a good holster from an emerging company, or at least new in my book.

I'd also look at the TALON holsters if you didn't want to go High Noon.

More info:

Clament Custom Leather Home Page

High Noon Holsters

Be sure to mention me to Michael if you contact HN.
    questions@highnoonholsters.com

Best of luck with your holster search.

KEV

www.czforum.com

Go RED SOX!

I have owned both the 357 and 22 versions. I installed the XS sight on the 357. It worked very well.
    I installed a Fiber Optic front sight on the LCR-22. It does shoot low if you take a fine proper sight. I find that my combat sight picture seems to hold the Dot high, which shoots to point of aim fairly well.
    I traded the LCR 357 off. Not because I did not like it, but because I needed some trading material to add a 3" 66-2 and an as new 686-5 4" to my inventory.

My carry holster is a Lobo Enhanced Pancake. I had Ray NOT Flute the Cyliner when he boned it.
    Lobo Gun Leather - Home

As for the 22 LCR, both I and my brother have one. No trigger issues. Mine works perfect with Bulk Pak. Slightly sticky extraction with Stingers, and will lock up solid with Velocitors. In my opinion anyone who carries a J Frame size handgun should also own an LCR 22 for a practice/Training revolver, and try and wear it out.

Speed Beex makes an 8 shot Speed Loader for the LCR 22. Mine is the original version. The new one looks a little better on the web site. I need to get a Kydex speed loader holder made for mine.

You can also reload using the Tuff Products Model 1022 Quick Strip, which is a 10 round 22 LR speed strip. When loading for the LCR 22, 317, or 43C load the strip in pairs skipping a round between the pairs for cylinder clearance. It will only hold 7 shells loaded in this manner. Just index on the empty chamber when you close the cylinder. This is a great way to practice j Frame 38 reloads with a speed strip. Note ortder direct from Tuff Products and you can get them in Orange. My prefered color that is easy to locate on the ground after a tactical reload. I can reload my LCR 22 with 7 quicker than I can reload a J Frame 38 with 5.
    I also shoot my LCR 22 in our Outlaw IDPA Match in BUG Division.
    Shoot a few bricks through an LCR 22 and you will be Dangerous with your J Frame 38.

Bob

My XS sight 357 with Safariland's new light shoulder rig.

Makes me glad I have a LCR over the heavier SP-101s or Speed Six that I used to carry.

The Wiley Clapp TALO limited edition GP-100 would be cool to have and shoot Magnums out of..but a beast for me to CCW in comparison to the
    17 ounce KLCR.
    www.czforum.com

Go RED SOX!

How did I miss this?

I have a LCR .38 and LOVE IT!! It is my EDC every day to and from work and my BUG every other time I carry. I pocket carry it, but I would like to get a good holster for it and I am think of getting the XS sight installed even though I have had no issues with the stock sights. See below:

7022502941_dd9d5d4894_c.jpg A quick burst and then a follow-up pair.

I cannot recommend this gun enough. My only dislike of the gun is that it's compact cylinder size makes it incompatible with my favored speedloader, the Safariland Comp 1.

7022505373_4b6e111e5e_c.jpg
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACP4ever View Post
    How did I miss this?

I have a LCR .38 and LOVE IT!! It is my EDC every day to and from work and my BUG every other time I carry. I pocket carry it, but I would like to get a good holster for it and I am think of getting the XS sight installed even though I have had no issues with the stock sights. See below:

7022502941_dd9d5d4894_c.jpg A quick burst and then a follow-up pair.

I cannot recommend this gun enough. My only dislike of the gun is that it's compact cylinder size makes it incompatible with my favored speedloader, the Safariland Comp 1.7022505373_4b6e111e5e_c.jpg
    Here's a link back to a thread started by an ex member addressing speedloaders for the LCR. It's a good review that might interest you.
    The Ruger LCR .357 and different speedloaders

Some of you might know that Crimson Trace has a new series of Laser Grips called the Defender series.

These are the new Accu-Grips which include revolvers, but no LCRs at this time.

They are a shape unlike the CT grips that we know about and cost about half of what a LG set costs @ $250 or so.

I have rather large hands but other have even larger hands than me.
    The current Laser Grip for the LCR is a bit too small for me even with the addition of a Hogue slip on.

I'm hoping they will offer the Accu-Grip (that features side activation levers) in two sizes, and have been in contact with CT about this.

I'd like to be one of the first to review such for all of us LCR owners.

Here are some $109 Accu-Grips :

Defender Series S&W J-Frame and Taurus 85-Accu-Grip Laser Sight FREE S&H DS-124. Defender Series Laser Sights.

My MOM bought a LCR .22 today as the local shop was out of 38+Ps and had no idea when they would see more.

8-shots of Mini-Mags with the ability to practice with cheaper .22 shorts as well.

That said, any .22 ammo is scarce around here so I'd buy a LCR in .17 HMR if they made one.

The Ruger Single Six in .17 HMR is pretty neat. I can find ammo locally so that's not an issue.
    www.czforum.com

Go RED SOX!

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar
    Here's my Side Guard Quick Clip for my LCR .357, sticking with clarkston_cz's blackground theme.

HPIM2990.jpg

I keep the boot grip and frame clean and "not too slick and not too sticky" with Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Detailer. Use a microfiber towel. The rubber on the grip will make fuzz out of a cotton towel.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Distinguished Member Array old grunt's Avatar
    So the 38Spl version is manageable with +P loads or should you invest in the 357, just because of the extra-weight, even if you have NO intention of firing magnum loads??
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links