Defensive Carry banner

RUGER LCR Club

30K views 168 replies 83 participants last post by  Thorian 
#1 ·
Post your 38+P, .357 Magnum or .22 LCRs please.

Here are my old 38+P guns, and the new KLCR .357 Magnum.

After shooting a few .357 Magnum rounds, I'm carry back to carring 38+Ps.

Holsters are from High Noon Holsters

See less See more
#11 ·
Hi y'all. I'm in the club; .357-style.

I like the look & feel of the gun; the trigger feels great. I just need to get better doing the one thing it's supposed to do -- shoot straight. I'm comfortable with my accuracy using my SR9c. And I know a snubby is a tough gun to shoot, especially when you're anticipating .357 recoil. But even with 38sp, I'm not much better. I'm mostly low, no matter how high I hold the sights or whatever else I try.

I'm pretty frustrated with myself. I'm sure it's my fault, not the gun's fault. But as much as I want to love the gun, I just haven't earned it yet.

I'll keep plugging away...I'll get there some day.

#16 ·
Just shot her today. 357 version but shot 38 spcl Remington 158gr +P LHP and S&B 158 fmj. This thing shoots like a dream and i'm getting scary accurate :wink: I was using the Bantam grips I just got although the pic is the Tamer grips which I put back on after I cleaned her.

#24 ·
Some say the .357s are heavier to carry than the 38+Ps, but I'm not finding this true.

I'm using .38s in it though as I search for a suitable mid-range .357 load to try out.

I normally like High Noon Holsters, but am a supporter of small businesses as well.

Terry Clament makes a fine product.

#28 ·
So I have been looking at the LCR a little bit and I find it a little large for pocket carry, so I am leaning towards the .357 because it is a little heavier and would absorb the recoil a little better. My question is this (sorry to hijack this thread a little), if I plan on mostly shooting .38 spcl is it better to just buy the designated .38 revolver? I am new to revolvers and I have heard of some people talk about a gap jump when shooting .38's out of the .357. Is that gap jump anything to worry about or does it affect performance much?

#30 ·
To me the difference between the .38 and .357 was negligible. I guess it would come down to price and if it was really worth the $50 savings to you. I also preferred the look of the .357 cylinder flutes compared to the .38, so maybe I'm just convincing myself that it was function over form. :)

#29 ·
I had one for about 5 min. Long enough to to know it was a mistake just didn't like the way it handled. I didn't care for the way it shot. and really didn't like how it concealed, it seemed bulky and grabbed my clothing as well as odd shaped and didn't fit me well. Really liked the S&W 442 I traded for. Guess I'm not in the club. Be safe. Happy holidays.
R

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.