Kahr cm9 new owner questions

This is a discussion on Kahr cm9 new owner questions within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Kahr is having me ship it back to be looked at. They couldn't tell by the pictures alone. There customer service has been great. While ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Kahr cm9 new owner questions

Kahr is having me ship it back to be looked at. They couldn't tell by the pictures alone. There customer service has been great. While it's there I am going to pay to have night sights installed. Trying to decide if I should go with both front and rear with the 3 dot setup or just replacing the front and keeping the dot the "i" sight picture. Thoughts?

2. Remove Ads

I ended up putting some Glow On on my stock sights. No one, even Kahr, had anything in stock when I was looking. I do like the "dot the i" sight picture. If I do ever get night sights on it, Id probably go with the big dot.

My CM9 was a fine piece of weaponry. Didn't like it and sold it, but never gave me an issue. Night sights are a great idea for sure, for ANY firearm. Though I prefer to use XS Big dots on any defensive gun.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

I don't think you can put the xs big dots on the cm9 due to the front sight being pinned. So I think my only option to keep the i sight picture is kahr's front night sight and keep the standard rear sight. Unless these is an option I am not considering? I don't think you could use the xs rear and the kahr front.

Quote Originally Posted by Curlyjive View Post
    I don't think you can put the xs big dots on the cm9 due to the front sight being pinned. So I think my only option to keep the i sight picture is kahr's front night sight and keep the standard rear sight. Unless these is an option I am not considering? I don't think you could use the xs rear and the kahr front.
    The XS Sights for the CM9 come with a screw fixed front sight.

http://www.xssights.com/index.php?nI...ts&sID=handgun

In fact, I think all aftermarket sights will have a screw for the front. You can have a dovetail milled into the slide, but Id just stick with the screw and some locktite.

Did you guys get a hard case with your pm9 or just the cardboard box?

Cardboard box.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    I thought only the "C" line came in cardboard?? I bought a fairly early CW9 and back then it still came in a standard hard plastic case. All steel Kahrs came in foam filled platic cases then. I guess times have changed.

So I'm sending my cm9 on for warranty work and an going to put night sights on while its there.
    I'm thinking if just doing the front so as to keep the i sight picture.
    Plus it would be less to focus on in a real wirld situation.

Anyone else do this?

I had also read that XS was working on night sights for the cm series. Anyone know if they are available yet? Would like that configuration if they had it with a pinned front sight.

I posted a link to the XS site page, if you like the "dot the i profile." Post 20. I think Kahr has XS sights on their site... Probably be best to call them to make sure.

I saw the post and looked at the XS site. They do list a cm/w model, but it says gun smithing required without specifying what that means. I have read that they cut the dovetail in the slide. So I'm not sure if they have a pinned front available and that is what I was asking about.

From the reading Ive done, the "gunsmithing" is getting the rear sight fit into the dovetail. Apparently it is tight like a Springfield sight and needs to be "fit." I have been known to be wrong though. Let me see if I can find what I read.

EDIT: Looks like you beat me to it. Good luck.

Available for CW45? - KahrTalk Forums

Here is a thread for the cw45 that seems to show a pinned front big dot. Maybe they do exist? Wonder if Kahr even has them yet.

Are the issues with holstering with the big dots? Thinking of getting a silent thunder.

Opinions on the big dot setup vs stock rear with the trijicon front?

Official word from Kahr is they don't fit. Still waiting to hear back from XS. Curious what the photos of the cw45 are showing.

For now it looks like I will for with the trijicon front sight and keep the stock rear for the dot the i configuration. Anyone else run this way?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links