Kahr cm9 new owner questions
Picked up a kahr cm9 tonight and had a few questions:
1) The instructions say do not take apart the captive recoil assembly, but it looks like its ok to remove the guide rod spring. Is that correct? Mine was on so tight I did not want to force pull it off. Is there a trick to removing it?
2) the plastic frame seems like it would wear easily where the slide moves across it as there seem to be only front and not rear metal rail guides on the frame itself. Anyone have issues here.
3) the included magazine feels very cheap and l worry about bending the feed lips. The follower was very creaky when I depress it. A second one I purchased seemed smoother. I did take the factory one apart and clean and lube it, but it didn't help too much. The thing that worries me is that when loading the small magazine the rounds don't seem to line up well. Any tips here?
4) holding the slide back to remove and replace the slide stop is abut tricky to do. I am sure you get used to it, but is there a good way to grip the gun to move the slide back while lining up the slot for the slide stop?
5) I have read that the front sight can be replaced with a night sight, but what is actually holding it to the slide?
Thanks for any help or advice!