New pocket carry

This is a discussion on New pocket carry within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was at the sports store buying targets today when I happened to look in the gun case. I saw something they told me they ...

Thread: New pocket carry

New pocket carry

I was at the sports store buying targets today when I happened to look in the gun case. I saw something they told me they would no longer be getting. And since they had one, I went home with a new Diamondback DB380. I was a little disappointed that it didn't have 3-dot sights, but an integrated sight system. Then when I got home, I saw it was a blackened stainless steel finish. NICE!!! And so I went on with the usual polishing of the feed ramp and chamber. As well as the firing components. Nice smooth trigger and cycling. Then I stippled the grip. Now I just need a couple of spare magazines and I am all set. After a trip to the range for testing that is.

2. Remove Ads

Looks like a great pocket gun...hope it turns out to be 'flawless'.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have actually heard a lot of people speaking of FTF and FTE. But after some work from Diamondback, they perform well. A lot of people reported these same issues with the Beretta Nano, but since I polished the feed ramp and chamber it performed without a hitch. I am hoping the DB turns out the same. I have cycled some snap caps through the DB without a problem so I am very optimistic.

Looks good. Will be looking for a range report soon. Have fun with your new pistol.

I have actually considered a DB380 to replace my p3at a couple of times. I have heard that the trigger is better on the DB380's. Only reason I havent made the move is that it's so rare I pocket carry it just hasnt seemed worth it. Hope the pistol works out great for you!
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Nice gun!! I really like those, a good friend of mine has that gun and LOVES it!

Its good to hear someone likes theirs. You always hear about bad experiences, but not good. It seems people like complain more than they do praise. If I like mine I will tell you guys about it.

Smile

Nice pick up Adam! Hope it works out well.

So let me get this straight.... You have the DB and the Nano? What are you......some kinda gun nut?

Quote Originally Posted by Boozehound View Post
    Nice pick up Adam! Hope it works out well.

So let me get this straight.... You have the DB and the Nano? What are you......some kinda gun nut?
    I can only assume you are joking. But...if you were being serious, I carry the pocket sized .380 when I can't carry my full sized Sig Sauer. The Beretta Nano is my summer carry. And my wish list isn't even close to being complete. I need a couple of different hunting rifles, shotguns, and yes, an AR-15 for home defense and sport shooting. Not a gut nut, but an enthusiast ;-)

Of course I was kidding!

Ok, just checking...lol. You might be surprised by some of the things i hear feom people trying to convince me to rely on the police.

I wouldn't think you'd hear that very much on this site.

Been jonesin' for a Nano for awhile. Think I may pick one up after the new year clicks over.

BTW - I am a gun nut!

Links