New guy - Page 2

New guy

This is a discussion on New guy within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I appreciate the input guys. I may wait a while and save some dough. Thanks fellas....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: New guy

New guy

I appreciate the input guys. I may wait a while and save some dough. Thanks fellas.

New guy

Opinions on a Taurus pt145 millennium pro? It's a friend's gun that he is selling. Comes with two holsters and some ammo. What would be a fair price?

Welcome to the forum. You'll get lots of advice on here, most of it opinions, some of it real well intended.

I tend to agree with the view that a $300 9mm is a bit unrealistic, but for a little more than that you can get a Ruger. I'd say you're better off to save a little longer, and get a quality pistol that you can trust and rely on.

Again, Welcome. Stay safe.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

New guy

Welcome to the forum Chammins.... I guess you got the full front of gun prices!

You might be able to find a person who is selling his 9mm privately and if you are lucky for maybe around $300.. You could also use your $300 for a down payment on a gun that you really like... Somebody recommended going to the range, but that is going to cost a few bucks...
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Go to Armslist.com and you'll find all sorts of good, used guns that you can afford. I've gotten several that way and the sellers have all been on the level and trustworthy. Good luck and... welcome!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Welcome to the forum!
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Kel Tec PF9 is under $300 and is VERY concealable. It is not a fancy gun, but mine shoots reliably (not one misfire so far), accurately, and IMO it is a bargain.
    Kimber Solo 9mm, Walther PPS 9mm
    Kel Tec PF9 9mm, Ruger LCR .38
    Maverick 88 Tactical 12 ga shotgun at bedside
    Lifetime NRA member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links