Nashville area gun shop for woman new to CCW?

This is a discussion on Nashville area gun shop for woman new to CCW? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi all -- I have a female friend in the Nashville, TN, area that is getting serious about her CCW. She is familiar with long ...

Thread: Nashville area gun shop for woman new to CCW?

Hi all -- I have a female friend in the Nashville, TN, area that is getting serious about her CCW. She is familiar with long guns, but fairly new to handguns. Can anybody recommend a local gun shop that would help her in selecting a firearm for carry? Hoping there is a shop within reasonable distance where she can get some good advice without a bunch of bravado and hype. I'd help her in person but am on the opposite side of the country.

Thanks in advance.

C Paul Lincoln

I would suggest she find a gun range that rents handguns and has an instructor on the premises,that way she can not only shoot some guns,but see if they could conceal well,also tell her to check out
    http://www.corneredcat.com/ website it'a website dedicated to women who want to carry
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I believe there are a couple toward Murfreesboro and before Manchester

New gun store opened in Nashville next to 100 Oaks Mall. Web site. Nashville Armory

Murfreesboro Gun stores. On target Indoor Shooting Range Firearms & Concealed Carry Permit Classes - Murfreesboro, TN - On Target Indoor Gun Range or south Murfreesboro The Outpost Armory

I like alot of our local stores really. I prefer 'Guns N' Leather' in Greenbrier (which is kind of out there), but they also have a nice Hendersonville store too. Both stores have indoor ranges and the staff have always been nice. I took my CP class at the Greenbrier store and it was well run and affordable.

'On Target' in Murfreesboro is very nice too, but the range fee is pricey. They do let you rent multiple guns to try out for a fee, but most of them are larger models, not the smaller compact CC choices she might actually buy. The staff is pretty laid back and friendly too.

'Franklin Gun Shop' is the coolest to visit, and has a huge selection, but it is pricey. I've seen them want crazy prices for some things, but they are catering to much of the 1% crowd that lives in Franklin/Brentwood, so thats just good business on their part I guess. The owners are very nice, and helpfull guys to deal with. They do not have an onsite range though, and I believe they have the most expensive CP class around.

Nashville Armory or Guns and Leather in Hendersonville. Best 2 places in the area.

Guns and Leather in Greenbrier had a fire about 6 weeks ago and is closed till ? Hendersonville store is great.

My first choice in/near Nashville would be Guns N' Leather. Their Greenbrier store burned a month or two ago, but the one in Hendersonville is in full swing. When my Wife wanted to look into CCW, we took a trip to G&L on a quiet day hoping the store wouldn't be too busy. We walked up to the counter and laid out some basic paramenters, I then backed off and let her find what she wanted with me giving input only when asked. They patiently let my Wife handle anything in the case she wanted and explained pro's/cons, function, carry, etc. of the various options. My Wife felt like she got just the right amount of info without being overwhelmed. She decided the best fit for her was a Bersa 380. After a basic orientation of safety and operation, they handed her one form the range rental case + 10 rounds of ammo and sent us down to an open range lane (no charge for any). She came back from the range liking the little Bersa, but didn't feel the grips gave her the best control. The guy at the counter reached in the case a plucked out a version of the Bersa with rubber grips with finger pulls. Sold. Was a very no-pressure adventure and I was very pleased with the way she/we were treated. I know of another couple with the same basic experience.

If she's on the far south side of town, King's in Columbia is very good as well. They stock carry purses and such + have a couple ladies working there who are very knowledgible.

The Armory at 100 Oaks is very nice and the staff seemed good the one time I stopped in. Franklin Gun Shop is a deal where it seems folks love it or hate it. They have one of everything, but their prices are a little higher than some. I also hear great things about D&T Arms near the Rivergate Mall, but haven't been in there yet myself. Lots of good options around town.

Hope this helps.

Thanks to all for the suggestions and help. Duckalmighty, thanks for the Cornered Cat website -- I had already referred her there, but am glad that others would make the same recommendation. I've sent her the names of the most recommended gun shops -- Guns and Leather sounds like the type of service and advice I hope to find for her. Again, I appreciate all your help.

CP

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    The great thing about the gun shop in the Charleston area (Summerville to be exact) is the presence of several women instructors, full attention to women, a women's night out once a week etc etc. If anything selling firearms to women is a big growth business that is just now being tapped and our gun shop is right on target--pardon the pun.

Sponsored Links