Defensive Carry banner

Glock 19 Magazine size

8K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  nontechguy 
#1 ·
I have a Glock 19 That I have had for about 8 years. It came with 10 round magazines. I see that there are higher capacity magazines out there now - Even new Glock 19's are sold with 15 round magazines now. My question is: What's the largest capacity magazine I can put in the Glock 19 that does not stick out of the bottom of the gun? I realize that it will take very high capacity magazines, but I want one that looks exactly the same as my current 10 round magazines when in the gun.

Thanks,
Dave

#3 ·
The Glock 19 has carried a 15 round magazine since it's inception in the 1980's. It is only restricted to 10 rounds in certain states, such as California. If you are unfortunate enough to live in one of these states, you cannot legally buy or own magazines with a higher capacity. That said, the fifteen round Glock 19 magazine will pertrude no further from the butt of the pistol than your 10 round mags. It will, however, accept any larger capacity 9mm mags, from the 17 round G17 mag up to the 33 round mags. These will ,naturally, pertrude from the butt of the gun, quite a bit in the case of the 33 round mag.

Incedently, I have recently purchased a new Gen4 G19, which came with three 15 round mags. Nice. I hope this has been helpful.

#17 ·
Or you could fight the honorable fight as hard as you can instead of resigning yourself to fate, rolling over and trading your mags away like you have already lost. I don't mean to be harsh, but let us not accept such defeatism just yet, ok?

Reactions: krisspy
#18 ·
It might not be a bad idea to buy a few 10 rounders, "just in case". The day I bought my G19, I picked an additional 15 round mag (used) for $15.00. Gen 3 came with 2 15 rounders. That was the only 15 round mag at the whole show. A few 10 rounders available for ~$20.00.
I saw some mis-marked 17 round G17 mags. They were marked 10 rounds. $30.00 each. I should have bought all eight of them. *20/20 hindsight*
This was just after Christmas.
Of course if anyone wants to dump their 15,17, or 33 round mags cheap, just let me know. :wave:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.