Glock 19 Magazine size

Glock 19 Magazine size

This is a discussion on Glock 19 Magazine size within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Glock 19 That I have had for about 8 years. It came with 10 round magazines. I see that there are higher ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Glock 19 Magazine size

Glock 19 Magazine size

I have a Glock 19 That I have had for about 8 years. It came with 10 round magazines. I see that there are higher capacity magazines out there now - Even new Glock 19's are sold with 15 round magazines now. My question is: What's the largest capacity magazine I can put in the Glock 19 that does not stick out of the bottom of the gun? I realize that it will take very high capacity magazines, but I want one that looks exactly the same as my current 10 round magazines when in the gun.

Thanks,
    Dave

15 rounds is standard capacity in a Glock 19 flush mag.
    nerdyvirgin likes this.

The Glock 19 has carried a 15 round magazine since it's inception in the 1980's. It is only restricted to 10 rounds in certain states, such as California. If you are unfortunate enough to live in one of these states, you cannot legally buy or own magazines with a higher capacity. That said, the fifteen round Glock 19 magazine will pertrude no further from the butt of the pistol than your 10 round mags. It will, however, accept any larger capacity 9mm mags, from the 17 round G17 mag up to the 33 round mags. These will ,naturally, pertrude from the butt of the gun, quite a bit in the case of the 33 round mag.

Incedently, I have recently purchased a new Gen4 G19, which came with three 15 round mags. Nice. I hope this has been helpful.
    68blackbird likes this.
    "...a rifle behind every blade of grass."

Post your location Dave...put it in your profile. There may be a reason why your gun came with 10 rd mags.

Thanks for the quick replies!

I live in TN & purchased the Glock 19 in TN in 2002. Not sure why I got the 10 round mags, but I sure can't find any factory 15 rd. mags anywhere now!

I believe that it was purchased during the Clinton 10 year ban on high capacity magazines, 1994-2004. All guns sold during that time came with maximum 10 round mags.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tkruf View Post
    I believe that it was purchased during the Clinton 10 year ban on high capacity magazines, 1994-2004. All guns sold during that time came with maximum 10 round mags.
    Might want to hang on to them, as there is a very real possibility they will be the only legal ones to possess in the near future.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Do you think if the government bans them, it will just be illegal to purchase, or also illegal to own ones I already have?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dave736 View Post
    Do you think if the government bans them, it will just be illegal to purchase, or also illegal to own ones I already have?
    Your ten-rounders should be good, but who can really say at this point?
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Might want to hang on to them, as there is a very real possibility they will be the only legal ones to possess in the near future.
    I am looking for the UNLIKE button here.....assspank.gif
    The wise man looks for ways to minimize mistakes, a fool boasts it will never happened to him.

"The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."
    - Antonio Meloni

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 68blackbird View Post
    I am looking for the UNLIKE button here.....assspank.gif
    I don't like it either, but calling it as I see it.
    68blackbird likes this.
    William T. Sherman

Seems to me they could ban selling them, but I should think it would be legal to keep 15 rnd magazines if you already had them.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dave736 View Post
    Seems to me they could ban selling them, but I should think it would be legal to keep 15 rnd magazines if you already had them.
    I hope so, but would not wager the farm on it coming down that way.
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I hope so, but would not wager the farm on it coming down that way.
    If magazine restrictions do come to pass, I might not be able to use them but I sure as heck ain't giving them up. The law will probably change again at some point in the future anyway.

Hey Dave736,

I have a Glock 19 (4 yrs old.) with (2) 15 round magazines that aren't going to do me any good as my State is proposing a law to ban anything more than 10 rounds. I may be interested in trading my 15 round mags for your 10 round mags.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links