Ruger LC9...with or without laser?

This is a discussion on Ruger LC9...with or without laser? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok...I'm thinking of getting a Ruger LC9. Academy has the standard version. The PX has one with the Lasermax option. How does the laser affect ...

Thread: Ruger LC9...with or without laser?

Ruger LC9...with or without laser?

Ok...I'm thinking of getting a Ruger LC9. Academy has the standard version. The PX has one with the Lasermax option. How does the laser affect concealability, if at all? Any concern for it turning on while concealed? Can it be removed? I've never had a pistol with a laser, much less tried to conceal one.
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

2. Remove Ads

Well....went with the Ruger LCP anyway.....
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Lots of opinions on lasers - do a search - it's been debated time and time again.

I like them, I have the Crimson Trace units on all my carry guns. I've tried many different lasers, and the only ones worth having are the CT units, IMHO, because they come on by simply gripping the gun normally.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Once adjusted properly, the crimson trace is an excellent option. Granted, the idea of using lasers can turn off some of the more "dedicated" owners, but in a low light close engagement situation, it could make a difference (I hope!)

Get it with the laser, holsters are available for it, it won't give you a disadvantage.

Got a LC9 yesterday. No laser. I've gone this long without one. Why start now? By the way, GREAT carry piece.

how is the trigger pull? I hear it's pretty long

Wife got an LC9 this weekend - no laser. The LM laser is a button on the far front of the trigger guard so you have to actuate it between always on and off with your index finger. CT laser has the button below trigger guard which is far better imo for instant on-off.

As for the trigger pull, yes it is long, but it is pretty smooth. I do have several complaints about the firearm in general though. One is that the trigger isn't a true double action. You have to actuate the slide and if your round doesn't fire, then you can't keep pulling the trigger and repeatedly strike the round. While most SA users will simply just chamber another round it seems kind of a functional oversight.

The grips are a love / hate thing. Their concave nature and rough stippling makes them uncomfortable for me to hold and the recoil is really snappy. I have 9mm M&P Shield and the perceived recoil is far less than the LC9. It could the the design of the firearm, or the inability of me to get a good purchase on the grip.

I do like the pinkie extension on the magazine and the alternative flat floor-plate provided is nice, too.

I was seeing this firearm priced around here for as high as $525 in one store. If you're going to pay inflated prices, at least get the CT over LM.

CAn get the non lazer version here for 365 new. Maybe I should jump on it

Links