Glock vs XD40

This is a discussion on Glock vs XD40 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by AddicTioN I think I will go with a glock for the slimness of them and the fact that I already know how ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Glock vs XD40

Quote Originally Posted by AddicTioN View Post
    I think I will go with a glock for the slimness of them and the fact that I already know how to take them down and service them..will be getting a g23 in FDE soon!

i appreciate your letting us know what you decided to get. most of the time those of us who put in our two cents never find out what the OP finally did. thanks

2. Remove Ads

Glock vs XD40

Haha well thanks y'all for go have me your opinion! It certainly made me hold them side by side again. Maybe up coming gun show will have one in FDE if not I will be ordering one

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei2 View Post
    Ford or Chevy; apples or oranges; vanilla or chocolate; cheddar or gouda; analog or digital.

get the idea yet....

either one will be just fine. pick the one you want, for whatever reasons you want.

whatever one you choose, some will agree, some will disagree, and others like me will yawn.
    Yes, and you will eventually end up buying a Glock.

I'm a Glock man through and through...the XD would also serve you well, I just hate to see you buy the XD and then have to sell it and buy a Glock.
    I'm always thinking ahead.
    glockman10mm and zonker1986 like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I'm not a fan of the .40, but that's not the question.

I'm not a big fan of the grip safety on the XD. If it weren't for that, I would have an XD. The gun is much more comfortable than the glock and feels nicer. It has a better grip angle as well.

The grip safety is just dumb. It ruins what would be the best pistol out there. I had an xd in .357 sig, I went back to a glock after a cab driver I knew was shot and killed because he couldn't get a shot off behind him due to the grip safety.
    The #1 tactical mistake is putting yourself in a situation that requires you to use your weapon...

...but if the situation indeed presents itself,

Re: Glock vs XD40

Quote Originally Posted by justben View Post
    I'm not a fan of the .40, but that's not the question.

I'm not a big fan of the grip safety on the XD. If it weren't for that, I would have an XD. The gun is much more comfortable than the glock and feels nicer. It has a better grip angle as well.

The grip safety is just dumb. It ruins what would be the best pistol out there. I had an xd in .357 sig, I went back to a glock after a cab driver I knew was shot and killed because he couldn't get a shot off behind him due to the grip safety.
    Sorry about your cabbie friend. But I have a couple of XDs and have never, ever, ever had any type of failure with the grip safety. I don't even notice its there. Nor, have I ever seen documented proof of grip safety failure. I've heard it mentioned....from friends of a friends monkeys uncle that once owned an XD and now only owns Glocks. Imagine that....

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2
    Philly Boy and StevePVB like this.
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links