Glock 19 and 26 Gen 4? - Page 2

Glock 19 and 26 Gen 4?

This is a discussion on Glock 19 and 26 Gen 4? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had nothing but Gen2's & 3's till recently. I hesitated for a long time due to some problems they had. Apparently Glock addressed the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Glock 19 and 26 Gen 4?

I had nothing but Gen2's & 3's till recently. I hesitated for a long time due to some problems they had. Apparently Glock addressed the issue. My Gen4 19 ran like a champ during the break in. 150 fmj's and 100 hp's w/ no issues. I love my Gen2's & 3's, but I really like the grip on the Gen4.

I'd stick w/ your original plan of a 19 for you and 26 for the wife. You can always borrow hers if necessary.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Glock 19 and 26 Gen 4?

I think that's what I'm gonna do. Ready to get them in my hands. I just got rid of my XD because she wasn't comfortable with it because backstrap safety. I refuse to have one around she can't shoot comfortably and well. Should have got a Glock in the first place.

I really like the gen 4 the extra back straps are a awesome upgade. I used medium for along time just switched to large and fits my hands perfect

yellowflocker, have you actually found Glocks to buy? Based on my research for a friend you are going to have a very hard time finding Gen4 Glock 19's right now. EVERYONE is sold out. The 26 might be different but of course I wasn't trying to find those late last week.

mkh
    During my last foray into the dark side I was a macho man and had to have a .45. I bought a G21 and a G30. I eventually admitted that they were just two big for my hand.

Last Friday I picked up a G19 as I wanted something really light with a good capacity and. I have settled on 9mm for my primary carry weapons. I now wish I wasn't so macho the last time around. The G19 has been awesome and has quickly become my favorite carry weapon. Why was I so stupid and avoided the 19 for so long?

I bought a G19c last week. Earlier this year I bought a G22 gen 3. I handled a gen4 but did not like paying the extra for the backstraps as the glocks already feel perfect in my hands. At least the ones I've picked up. I bought the g22 for a carry once i get the permit. the 19c is just for fun really. and i want to prove those myths wrong about the front sight getting too dirty and the infamous "V" flash blinding you at night. good choice either way. i prefer H&K over glock but I don't have anything bad to say about glocks at all and the fact I want to use it for carry should say alot :) and welcome to the forum!!

Distinguished Member Array OhioCatter's Avatar
    Cant go wrong with either one.

Quote Originally Posted by BiggSlic View Post
    yellowflocker, have you actually found Glocks to buy? Based on my research for a friend you are going to have a very hard time finding Gen4 Glock 19's right now. EVERYONE is sold out. The 26 might be different but of course I wasn't trying to find those late last week.
    NIB GLOCK G19 9MM GEN4 FS 3x15RD PG1950203 >> FREE SHIPPING >> END OF for sale (912728704)

Check that out for your buddy. The seller is AWESOME to deal with. I got my gen 3 19c from him. good luck!

Glock 19 and 26 Gen 4?

I'm glad I went ahead and jumped on a g17...ordered mine right after all this went down. Then no one was looking for pistols, just ARs and mags.

I have a Gen 4 G26 and just got a Gen 3 G17 before they ran out. Love them both.

It's funny we have same guns and I carry 26 IWB and wife carries the 19 cause it fits in her purse. No reason a girl can't always carry a good size pistol. Easier to handle IMO.
    Daniel Defense V2 AR15
    Sig P226 TACOPS
    Glock 26
    Diamond Back DB9
    M&P Shield

Glock 19 and 26 Gen 4?

I had seen one here two weeks ago. I am hoping to go shopping next week. If have to wait I will. Gonna donut right this time and get the right gun. Thanks for all the help guys and Merry Christmas.

I'd suggest the getting the Gen 4. I just got the 19 gen 4 and I'd have to say that compared to the Gen 3 it really does have better recoil management.. Best shooting Glock I have ever owned or shot... Either way, you can't go wrong with one or the other.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

As much as I try to, I can't love Glock when they are in subcompact form. I like 19, 23, and those in the same size but the 26 and 27 are just too blocky for people with small hand like me. And those with medium and large hands wouldn't have a decent grip unless they add extended mag or mag butt plate. By doing so, they are close to 19 and 23 size now. I carry a 17 when I go camping and open carry, which is my prefer method when away from people. I still have an thin outer layer on to conceal from hikers or anyone happen to cross path. This is to prevent someone to have an upper hand on me if they so choose to target me. Unfortunately, I don't have dogs for lack of time to care for them. I really like hiking with dogs as they would alert me of nearby people and can spot danger and ill intention from human better than I can or many of non-professional law enforcement (FBI, CIA, U.S Marshal, etc) can. Since I have no dogs, I like to hike when they are still some people around as muggers tend to to want to isolate victims out. By the way, I pitty the fool who would ever try to mug me. I get scare very easily and will resort to self-preservation mean immediately.

Welcome to the forum.
    I have shot thousands of rounds through Glocks and used them as my primary carry for the last 8 years. I have to agree with others- Gen4 buy the 19 & 26.

Why? If I bought 2 of the same- the 26 is great to carry, but I would forever kick myself for not having the flexibility of both. The 19 is more fun to shoot at the range, and you can keep a light mounted when it is by your bed at night.

Why Gen4? I carry a G27 and have owned 19,23,27,35 all 2nd or 3rd generation. Last week I bought a Gen4 G23 (the same as you 19 only in .40) That gun is amazing! The grip feels great, recoil was smooth, I shot about 150 rounds in my first outing and it was flawless. I swear it's the best Glock I've owned. I'm a big fan of this new Generation. It's all just opinion- but that's what you were looking for I believe.
    G-23, 27, 35 (all .40)
    G-29 10mm
    H&K 45c
    Les Baer Thunder Ranch 5"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links