Glock 19 and 26 Gen 4?

Glock 19 and 26 Gen 4?

This is a discussion on Glock 19 and 26 Gen 4? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok I have a question. I convinced my wife that we should get each other Glocks for Christmas. She is getting a 26 and I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Glock 19 and 26 Gen 4?

Glock 19 and 26 Gen 4?

Ok I have a question. I convinced my wife that we should get each other Glocks for Christmas. She is getting a 26 and I am getting the 19. I am new to Glocks and have been reading and I don't know should we get Gen 4s or 3s? Any wisdom appreciated!

VIP Member

Glock 19 and 26 Gen 4?

You could go with either and you'll be getting great pistols. The Gen 4s offer a choice of back straps and come with one more magazine, but they cost a little more. I don't think there is a wrong choice between the two.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

The whole Gen 4 thing was over played and overblown on the interwebs. The Gen 4's have better stippling or whatever you want to call it on the side panels of the grip, they are better for that reason IMO. Although I think the finish on the Gen3's is still better. Kind of appears to me that Glock has been skimping on their tenifer process.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    If the G19 feels good the way it is I would get the Gen 3 because of the price. If it doesn't, get the Gen 4 so you can change the backstraps.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Glock 19 and 26 Gen 4?

Thanks guys appreciate the comments. I had not heard that about the finish. Good to know. Adjustable straps would be nice to have. Decisions decisions

Gen 4s are just fine. They had some problems at first (with recoil springs), but that has been fixed for a while now. I have a G19 gen 4, and have had not problems at all.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Glock 19 and 26 Gen 4?

I like the grip texture and mag release the gen4 offers.

Glock 19 and 26 Gen 4?

Since I posted this I am actually contemplating getting myself a Glock 26 also. Both would be conceal carry/home defense but we also like doing some target shooting. The kids too. Will I be satisfied with the 19 or will I be envious of my wife's 26? I plan to carry in a White Hat IWB and my wife will most likely have a CCW purse.

Keep in mind the fact that the G19 has a rail on it so you can easily attach a light to the pistol for HD (or carry) purposes while the G26 doesn't. I'd stick with getting one of each instead of 2 of the same. I have both and still carry the G19 90% of the time. I only carry the 26 sometimes in the summer when I am wearing a tighter fitting t-shirt. Good chance she'll let you borrow her 26 if you need it sometime lol.

My 19 is a Gen 3 and the 26 is a Gen 4. I like the texturing on the Gen 4 better as it is more aggressive, but I'm not rushing out to replace my Gen 3. It's a personal preference thing as far as feel goes, but the Gen 4 pistols come with 3 mags which may be hard to get ahold of elsewhere for awhile.

I have a Gen 3 26 and a Gen 4 19. Love them both! No wrong decision here!
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    --Richard Henry Lee, 1788

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

I came to the same decision and bought two G26s, a Gen 3 for my wife and a Gen 4 for me. I've owned LOTS of 9mm and .40 caliber Glocks and boiled my choice down to matching Glocks as our only handguns as we enter our third year of retirement. That way we can share everything and I can go from deep concealment with a standard magazine or one with a GAP floor plate to a + Glock magazine for two more rounds ... or a 15-round g19 magazine with an X-Grip adapter for IDPA competition and/or home defense.

Yes, you do lose the capacity for the tactical light, but when I had them on my bigger Glocks I never seemed to use them. Instead, I bought a three-pack of those little 200 lumen black aluminum flashlights from Costco for $18 plus tax. Great lights with two power settings for a standard beam, as well as a strobe function. With those little lights I don't have to be pointing my muzzle at someone in the dark in order to see who they are, which reduces the chance that I might shoot an innocent by accident. It's a tradeoff, I know, but something to consider.

Either way, I'd go with the Gen 4 version because of the grip texture, larger/reversible mag release button, adjustable backstraps and dual recoil spring assembly (on the G19, the G26s already had those). The extra magazine is definitely a bonus worth at least $25.

Best wishes and Merry Christmas.
    .XX likes this.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy - Tom Waits

Quote Originally Posted by 1gunsnowbird View Post

Either way, I'd go with the Gen 4 version because of the grip texture, larger/reversible mag release button, adjustable backstraps and dual recoil spring assembly (on the G19, the G26s already had those). The extra magazine is definitely a bonus worth at least

Couldn't have said it better myself

+1 on the Gen 4 G19.

Gen 4 because of the extra mag and back straps. I bought my gen 4 model 19 in the height of the Internet discussions. I did have my fingers cross but mine performed awesome. Zero issues. I have it in my bedroom to protect my family, something I don't take lightly.
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

Glock 19 and 26 Gen 4?

Thanks everyone. This really is a great forum. So glad I joined. Thanks for being so willing to help a newbie who loves guns too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links