Glock Gen 3 Mag Release

Glock Gen 3 Mag Release

This is a discussion on Glock Gen 3 Mag Release within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The rep at Glock told me that the mag release on gen three models can't be reversed, but someone at my gun store said a ...

Glock Gen 3 Mag Release

The rep at Glock told me that the mag release on gen three models can't be reversed, but someone at my gun store said a gunsmith could do it. Can anyone help clear this up?

I'm left handed, and the mag release is hard to press. Would the extended button help?

thank

You cannot reverse the mag release on a Gen 3. If you wanted to let someone hack away and maybe ruin it, I suppose it could be done. Learn to eject the mag with your index finger.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    az has it right. Index finger for lefties; an extended may help, but try to learn with a standard first an extended can bring other issues.

A Gen 4 can be reversed.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    I am a lefty, and PREFER the standard Gen1-3 mag release button position! Use your trigger finger, while maintaining a normal firing grip, and experience a faster, smoother mag release than all of the poor, deprived righties who have to shift their firing grip and use their thumbs.

Well, OK, some lefties do have to shift the firing grip just a bit, to make this work, but I don't, with many, many pistols I have used over the years.

Isn't it good for righties that Glock has finally, in the 4th Generation, made a pistol with a mag release for them?

Doesn't the Gen4 have a more pronounced mag release? The gen 3's I have are almost hard for me to get released but with a bit more pressure its OK. I write left handed but shoot righty if that makes sense!

Links