Beretta Tomcat (Anyone use one?) - Page 2

Beretta Tomcat (Anyone use one?)

This is a discussion on Beretta Tomcat (Anyone use one?) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; INOX versions were mainly the ones with problems. The blued one's were fine. Have one, shoot at times for fun, etc.... and good pocket back-up ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Beretta Tomcat (Anyone use one?)

INOX versions were mainly the ones with problems. The blued one's were fine.

Have one, shoot at times for fun, etc.... and good pocket back-up gun ..... if you like it, get it..... just get the entirely blued version.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Member Array chiefs-special-guy's Avatar
    I have a blued one. It is okay, but I do not trust it 100%. Cute and stylish, but it always seemed a bit loose to me.
    Six for sure...Uh, I mean Five. Five for sure..

I have one I bought in 1998 for $195 NIB. I've never fired it.....not sure why I still have it because its fat and heavy for holding 7 rounds of the anemic .32acp cartridge. Better options
    if you have to carry a mousegun. My Keltec PF-9 9mm weighs less than the Tomcat.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

My wife carries one, and it has never had a failure of any kind. It is the blued Alley cat, with nite sights, and is accurate well beyond 25 yards. It is small, DAO, and always goes bang when you pull the trigger. What's not to like?

I purchased a KelTec P-32 on a whim, and because the LGS had it with the box at $149 used....and it is every bit as reliable and accurate...and flatter! I only got it since I already had ammo for the Beretta, but I have heard a fair amount of negatives on both models on this forum. But for me, I have 0 trouble, 0 malfunctions, and am very pleased with both of them. yes, it is only a .32, and no thank you, I would not want to be shot with it!
    Richard58 likes this.

I have one that I carry as a bug sometimes. My LCP and TCP are both lighter and thinner and fire a bit more substantial round so they get carried a lot more as back ups. The 3032 has been very reliable and easy to shoot. If you get a good deal, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikemobile View Post
    I have the .25 version (bearcat?) anyway, it's very unreliable after 2-3 shots. Jams, fte, etc. Could be the ammo but i never carry it. It is a family heirloom that collects dust.
    That sounds like a magazine problem.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by tooldawg99 View Post
    My wife carries one, and it has never had a failure of any kind. It is the blued Alley cat, with nite sights, and is accurate well beyond 25 yards. It is small, DAO, and always goes bang when you pull the trigger. What's not to like?

I purchased a KelTec P-32 on a whim, and because the LGS had it with the box at $149 used....and it is every bit as reliable and accurate...and flatter! I only got it since I already had ammo for the Beretta, but I have heard a fair amount of negatives on both models on this forum. But for me, I have 0 trouble, 0 malfunctions, and am very pleased with both of them. yes, it is only a .32, and no thank you, I would not want to be shot with it!
    I also bought a KelTec P32 several years ago.. It has no character, is ugly, and always, always works. I have many highter price guns with better calibers but find I always seem to go back to the P32. It is only 6oz, and carries in my pocket with any kind of dress code.

Trooper Joe

I had a Berretta 25 caliber Jet-Fire.. It could not hit a coffee can at 5 paces. Wouldn't make a good fishing sinker. Thank the good lord, I found someone who liked it better than me. Adios!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links