Wait times on ordering M&P-9 Shield? - Page 2

Wait times on ordering M&P-9 Shield?

This is a discussion on Wait times on ordering M&P-9 Shield? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The shield is thin and lite and feel good. A little top heavy but once loaded feel good in the hand. Seems they shoot well. ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Wait times on ordering M&P-9 Shield?

The shield is thin and lite and feel good. A little top heavy but once loaded feel good in the hand. Seems they shoot well. I shoot mine almost as well as the glock 26 I've had for the last 8 years. So a little practice should get me there and the 200 rounds I've put thru mine it has been pretty solid. Considering the cheap ammo I've been shooting in it and the limp wrist crap I've been trying to make it hiccup. It just keeps shooting. Another 300 solid rounds and I'll start thinking about carrying it. Another 500 after that and I might carry it.

Completely satisfied with mine. Been 100% reliable with close to 800 rounds.

I feel extremely lucky I found one on my 3rd phone call to local gun shops. They only had two of them and I asked them to hold one for one hour so I could get there. When I got there they were just finishing up the paper work on the other one and told me the guy wanted to buy both of them but they honored my request. This was about the 1st or 2nd week they were introduced, so, yeah, I feel extremely lucky.

I carry it mostly as my BUG, but I do carry it as a primary quite frequently as well.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

GH
    The Milwaukee PD is updating all of their M&P 40s to new ones. The old ones can't be more than about 5 years old. You might see a rash of used M&P 40s on the market. I believe Streicher's will be handling the used ones, at least some of them. The first batch will go for sale to the officers who now carry them when they get their new ones. My son is at the Police Academy & already has his that was issued to him. There are about 2000 POs on the MPD so that means a big production run on them. I hope that doesn't hold up production on the guns for the civilian market. I'm not sure whether the department uses .40 compacts for detectives.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

I saw my first shield at a gun show this past weekend. I've read about them, but this was the first time I actually got to put my hands on one. I like the look and feel of it, but they were asking $799 for it. I'll wait till I see one at a reasonable price.

We had 6 Shield 40 cal guns on the shelves for about 2 days, until they finally sold. No 9mm Shields have hit the shelves yet, but we have about a 3 week delay on special orders. They're coming in, about 2-3 at a time. 18 behind in 9mm, and current on the 40 cal. I was the 3rd person to get a 40 Shield at the Store. I waited til my 2 customers gave a report on their guns, and both were very positive with no mag drop problems. I too haven't experienced that trouble either. I've had mine for about 4 months now.
    BTW....399.95 for either gun.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

I gave up on waiting for a Shield and bought a PPS.

Couldn't be happier.

Quote Originally Posted by F350_6 View Post
    I saw my first shield at a gun show this past weekend. I've read about them, but this was the first time I actually got to put my hands on one. I like the look and feel of it, but they were asking $799 for it. I'll wait till I see one at a reasonable price.
    Holy Smokes!

I love my Shield, but I'll let you have it for just $795!

Regards,
    Jim

I must be lucky. One phone call to my LGS on Saturday, and found a new 40cal Shield in stock for $436 out the door. He said they are hard to come by, but have been getting them in. I pick it up tomorrow. Merry Christmas to me!!

I saw a .40 Shield at Academy yesterday for $400. Amazed nobody had grabbed it up. If it was a 9mm, I'da bought it just to have another one!

Regards,
    Jim

Distinguished Member
    My son tried to order a 9mm shield last week and was told 4+ months at least.
    He walked out of the store with an M&P-9C instead with no regrets
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Able Ammo sent me an email at 4pm today that they have 9mm shields available for $ 434. (I had registered to be notified when they had some for sale) I don't know how many they had but they were gone in 30 minutes when I saw the email and check. I already bought one but if your looking you might register on some on-line stores to be notified.
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

Dangerfield, thanks! I looked at the M&P9c today. It's a strong contender with the Glock 26 and the Springfield XDM 9 Subcompact.
    Dangerfield likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Don't shy away from the Shield in 40. I've carried mine since mid-Summer. Accuracy is surprisingly good, muzzle flip is minimal. I think the sights are lousy. I think it feels lousy in my hand. I also think that on good days I can shoot it better than I can shoot. It carries great. I've had one FTF and that was the ammo based on the calipers. And this was with "a lot of rounds" through it...of all types.

I'd like to trade mine on an XDs....but I shoot the thing too well sometimes to let it go.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Thoughts on the Luger LC9 or the Kel-Tec PF9?

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    I've had some LGStores tell me they haven't gotten any in yet, and in some I've personally seen on display quite frequently.

Same thing with the dealers at the LGShows.

Prices I've seen are $400., $430., $450.(msrp), & as much as $500. for both the 9mm and the 40.

Seems as soon as they hit the shelve someone buys it. If you want one you and you see one then you better get it because/or someone else will buy it very soon and it's hard to say when you'll see another one again.

But they are out there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links