Wait times on ordering M&P-9 Shield?

This is a discussion on Wait times on ordering M&P-9 Shield? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What have some of you experienced recently on wait times for your M&P-9 Shield? I have heard in the range of 4 months. Is that ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Wait times on ordering M&P-9 Shield?

What have some of you experienced recently on wait times for your M&P-9 Shield? I have heard in the range of 4 months. Is that about the norm? Or is S&W rolling more and more out = decreasing the wait time?

Dad likes my compact but I mentioned the Shield also - we might both get one.

2. Remove Ads

I've heard from people on here that say their local stores have them in stock, while others like myself look at a 6 month wait time. Location is key when finding the Shield's it seems like. Good luck finding one!

Administrator
    Your guess is as good as anybody's, there's just to many factors at play especially now, to be able to have any kind of accurate estimation. Good news for you is, S&W has been concentrating solely on making the M&P line before the latest lemming panic, so hopefully wait times won't be to bad.
    "Just blame Sixto"

GH
    I purchased an M&P40C 2 weeks ago & was told the wait time could be up to 3 months. When I asked about the Shield he said the wait would be even longer. Of course he also said anything could happen. If it does I sure hope that I get the gun before 17 January - the mailing deadline for the military rebate of $50. I need the serial number of the gun otherwise the coupon is ready to go. I called S&W about that & they said that there was no way possible to get a serial number before the gun was shipped. It's out of their hands because an outside contractor handles their rebates & they won't bend an inch although he interceded for me.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Been waiting since 3rd week of October. Don't expect to have one before April.

Even the 649 I ordered has an ETA of God knows when. And that's not exactly Smith's #1 seller.

It seems like distributors have not been getting shields for a couple if months. I think Smith has been primarily delivering to their Law Enforcement channels lately, since they released them first to the commercial market.

4 months and waiting. My LGS says he thinks Smith & Wesson originally sold them not thinking they'd be a big hit. Now that they are, the thinking is they
    have deliberately slowed the production. Then in a few months will gear back up again, but will have a price increase of $75 or so. Just a thought.

I am not sure if the 9 is harder to find than my 40. I called my lgs and told them I wanted a 40 that was on a Thursday, they called me the following Monday and said it was in along with a woman's 9mm that ordered it the same day. My dealer told me he had to purchase 5 s&w guns from them to get the shields.
    XD Subcompact 9MM
    more to come..

One of our local gun stores won't even try an order one because they are saying they are just to hard to get. Then I went to a local gun show and picked one up. They are out there you just have to keep looking and when you find one buy it. Its not a thing you can think well I'll come back and get it later. It won't be there.

Gunnies Sporting Goods and Western Wear in Orem, Utah told Nutnfancy in a video he made the other day that some gun manufacturers are declining to take any more orders for guns, citing that their entire production estimate for 2013 has already been ordered and sold. Their shelves of evil black rifles are bare.

Regarding handguns, small single stack concealable pistols are selling faster than high capacity Glocks, M&P's, XD's which Nutnfancy found strange that single stack pistols which likely won't be affected by any ban is selling faster than others. But then this is only one store.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I see them on gunbroker for 550 - 600. I know that's high, but I see base level AR's going for 2500 these days.
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

I just traded my 9MM on gunbroker but originally had it listed at auction for $450. It's brand new and I didn't get one bid/offer.

I dunno. I honestly never even heard of S&W's Shield until everyone on here started bringing them up and I just got interested. Last I've heard here in Charleston the FBI NICS is backlogged like 70+ hours to get processed to even get a proceed! I'm honestly trying to get an Upper rec assembly for my stripped lower sw m&p. I had considered getting another semi pistol but my wife really wants a wheel gun and a .44 mag at that. I hope I can find one locally or i'll have to find one online. I'm still researching the shield. Is it pretty dependable?

Hi Gang. I'm new to all this and have been trying to decide on the right cc weapon. Is the Shield really THAT good? What is the reason for the huge interest in Shields???Thanks.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by CigarStix View Post
    Hi Gang. I'm new to all this and have been trying to decide on the right cc weapon. Is the Shield really THAT good? What is the reason for the huge interest in Shields???Thanks.
    The shields are a decent enough carry gun, but the main drive behind them is they have been somewhat scarce since their introduction. Its simply a case of I gotta haveitis..
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links