Thin 9mm

This is a discussion on Thin 9mm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have not had any "thin" 9mm pistols not do their thing when I pulled the trigger. I specifically like the Kahr cm9. I had ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Thin 9mm

I have not had any "thin" 9mm pistols not do their thing when I pulled the trigger. I specifically like the Kahr cm9. I had a p938 but prefer the Kahr over it.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by RugerSRGuy View Post
    Thinnest 9mm is the Ruger LC9.

Thinnest 9mm is the Diamondback DB9 at .80inches thick and a little over 15ounces fully loaded 6+1. Just a tad larger than the Ruger LCP. God Bless
    Last edited by VBVAGUY; December 24th, 2012 at 07:48 PM.

Kahr CW9 without a doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by NewtownSam View Post
    I love my SR9c, I believe it is only a shade over an inch think at it's widest, and that's accross the ambidextrous thumb safety.
    The option of carrying with the 10 shot mag, or slapping in the 17 round mag at the range/for the nightstand was attractive to me as well. The latter also effectively turns it it into an SR9, with a full size grip. 500 rounds through mine without a single hiccup.
    Respectfully,
    Sam
    I happen to really like my sr9c. This gun is my carry gun. It isn't as thin or a light as others and not as easy to conceal. I stopped carrying the 709 because I didn't like the recoil on it. This doesn't make it a bad gun just not quite the gun for me at this time.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Hey isn't there a thin version from Glock? Or am I being retarded?

Thin 9mm

Not sure is there a slim Glock?
    68blackbird likes this.

M&P Shield, the Nano, LC9, Kahr. Even the Kel-Tec PF9 has a huge following & Sig & Walther has some excellent ones. There comes a point where it's just personal preference.

With most of them, the differences in physical size is measured with a micrometer, so everyone has a different opinion as to which one conceals slightly better than the other. The same goes for accuracy, which basically means, they are all "combat accurate" enough for the intended purpose.

So,as far as I'm concerned, you're at the point where you're just splitting hairs between the choices above. They all have good performance and overall reliability. They all seem to have their own little quirks as well.

I don't think you'll go wrong with any of those. I have the Shield and feel lucky I got one when I did. It's been a great shooter, and carries very effectively whether it's used as a back-up gun or your primary weapon.

This is probably not a lot of help, but maybe gives you a different perspective to look at.
    Last edited by Bark'n; December 25th, 2012 at 09:11 AM.
    68blackbird and RAL like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

New Member Array ScottCocoaBeach's Avatar

Thin 9mm

The only "slim" Glock I am aware of is the Glock 30. Being a .45 it is still quite wide however. I never understood why Glock hasn't made a single stack 9mm.

[QUOTE=TeamJackson;2508071]Not sure is there a slim Glock?[/QUOTE

did some research! all i can find from glock on slim line is a .45auto nothing in a smaller caliber. that answers both our pondering minds!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottCocoaBeach View Post
    The only "slim" Glock I am aware of is the Glock 30. Being a .45 it is still quite wide however. I never understood why Glock hasn't made a single stack 9mm.
    Glock 36 is the single stack 36... the 30 is their "sub compact" dbl stack .45 ACP.

New Member Array ScottCocoaBeach's Avatar

Thin 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by Wet1 View Post
    Glock 36 is the single stack 36... the 30 is their "sub compact" dbl stack .45 ACP.
    I just remembered that and came back to correct myself. You are correct of course. I used to own both. Wasn't crazy about the 36. Liked the 30 better but prefer H&K now.

To get back on topic I will add the Springfield EMP as my favorite slim 9mm. That being said I think 1911's or any gun with a manual safety are only for those who will train regularly and visit the range on a consistent basis. I also like the Kahr MK9 or PM9. The MK9 is the better shooter of the two Kahrs. Lower recoil and much better trigger. The EMP is hard to beat for accuracy and a great trigger. Doesn't fit in everyone's budget though.

scottcocoabeach
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thin 9mm

I'm shooting my kahr cm9 for the first time tomorrow. Hopefully, it performs well. I used to own a Shield, but didn't like the grip length or manual safety.

I picked up a taurus 709 slim. Like previous poster mentioned, some love it and some dislike taurus. I wanted a striker fired with a safety. I wanted a shield but impossible to find. The 709 is s perfect size for me. Lifetime warranty that goes with the gun if you sell.

I am torn between the M&P Shield and a Walther PPS 9mm. Price difference vs. which I can find.
    Foo909 likes this.

Smith and Wesson 3913

Nmuskier likes this.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links