Where have all the guns gone??!

This is a discussion on Where have all the guns gone??! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by aznav JD, if this has been covered already, just zap it. Tx. So, true, I've been out of pocket the past several ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Where have all the guns gone??!

Senior Member Array rugergunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aznav View Post
    JD, if this has been covered already, just zap it. Tx.

So, true, I've been out of pocket the past several weeks and, yes, I know that Mr. O has another four years. Yesterday, a friend, new to firearms, asked some advice and wanted me to look for a firearm for him to purchase. Holy Frijole! It's like there's a black hole out there sucking in everything that shoots. In addition, is it me or have black rifles and Ruger Mini 14's almost doubled in price in the last month!?
    No, its not you. The feeding frenzy is in full swing. Ammo too.
    I would rather die on my feet, than to live on my knees.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    You know what's crazy? Everyone is talking about black guns, ammo and Pmags being out of stock but even Glock magazines that have a capacity over 10 rounds are gone. I'm wanting to pick up an extra mag for my G19 and no one has them.

Distinguished Member
    Well, for once, I'm not behind the eight ball. Picked up a slew of ammo last summer. In fact, getting ready to sell several pistols. So glad I waited till after Cmas. Heck, I might even break even this time. (-:
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

I just figured Sixto bought everything but the HKs and JD bought those!
    aznav likes this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

We sold out of the AR's and then sold out of the AR lookalikes in .22 caliber. It's just been crazy. I bought my Mini-14 with my Christmas discount the first of the month and I'm glad I did. I'd been looking at it for over a year. I've got three 30 round magazines on backorder from Ruger. Maybe they will show up someday.

I posted awhile back that I thought buying firearms was a good investment. Some people scoffed at the idea.
    Maximpactguns likes this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

I was going to wait until the first of the year to buy a AR. someone talked me into buying before the election. I am glad I did.
    aznav likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    Sure wish I had gone ahead and bought a dozen AR lowers a couple years ago when I was thinking about doing it.
    My cousin ordered like 60 of them but they're all on backorder. If i had the cash I definitely would!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    We sold out of the AR's and then sold out of the AR lookalikes in .22 caliber. It's just been crazy. I bought my Mini-14 with my Christmas discount the first of the month and I'm glad I did. I'd been looking at it for over a year. I've got three 30 round magazines on backorder from Ruger. Maybe they will show up someday.

I posted awhile back that I thought buying firearms was a good investment. Some people scoffed at the idea.
    Boy your right about that statement!!!

I bought an M400, the day before the Newtown shooting, then when I saw what was happening, I bought 10 Magpul 30 rders from Brownells, another 10 from my local Cabela's. I was wandering around Saturday, and wandered in to a new surplus store in town. I bought a mini 14 and an M1(Springfield, June 1943), 2 30 rdmagazines, and 10 clips from him. He still had a few AR's because nobody knew he was there. Still charging normal prices for things too. He was selling Magpul's for $22, instead of gouging folks. I spent less than 2 grand for all of my stuff. I'd don't think I panic bought, since I didn't pay exorbitant prices, but I sure wouldn't have bought all of that without the rush at all the local gun stores.

I went for a boat ride this morning, enjoying the Phoenix, weather, and wouldn't you know it, all of my recent purchases were lost overboard when I hit a log.... I've really got bad luck boating, I'll tell you.
    Merry Christmas everyone!
    wishyouwell likes this.

Well In the last three days I,purchased a Mossberg Tactical shotgun with collapsible stock assecory rail and extended magazine.

Ruger LCR
    Smith and Wesson 686 stainless
    Smith and Wesson 686-7 pro
    Sent my Springfiled compact micro to the Springfield custom shop.

Ordered brass and going to,purchase 2000 primers this weekend.

Doing my part to stimulate the economy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links