Where have all the guns gone??!

This is a discussion on Where have all the guns gone??! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; JD, if this has been covered already, just zap it. Tx. So, true, I've been out of pocket the past several weeks and, yes, I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Where have all the guns gone??!

Distinguished Member

Where have all the guns gone??!

JD, if this has been covered already, just zap it. Tx.

So, true, I've been out of pocket the past several weeks and, yes, I know that Mr. O has another four years. Yesterday, a friend, new to firearms, asked some advice and wanted me to look for a firearm for him to purchase. Holy Frijole! It's like there's a black hole out there sucking in everything that shoots. In addition, is it me or have black rifles and Ruger Mini 14's almost doubled in price in the last month!?
    rugergunner likes this.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Yup... glad I bought an AR a few months ago when I had the chance.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

WOWZIE is correct, most of Budsguns.com are out of stock also.
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I thought about dropping by the LGS today and viewing the carnage but didn't feel like fighting the traffic. I've seen Publix when a hurricane's coming and how panic strips the shelves bare. Isn't all this a repeat of 2008?
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Into the hands of law abiding citizens, filling out all the necessary forms, background checks, local, state and federal guidelines to defend life and liberty if needed ...:) I'm just saying

My LGS usually has around 2000 handguns/Rifles/Shotguns he now has 50 ! He told my wife he can't them from his supplier either ..... In the past week he sold most of his stock .....

Yeah, we're wiped out pretty good here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    Yup... glad I bought an AR a few months ago when I had the chance.
    Sure wish I had gone ahead and bought a dozen AR lowers a couple years ago when I was thinking about doing it.

VIP Member
    Unfortunately the prospect for improvement don't look good either. At least not until the battle in DC is decided.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I saw a video on You Tube where a gun store manager said that many of the firearms manufacturers have already booked everything that they can build in 2013 and are refusing to take new orders. That could and will mean short supply and prices higher than we are used to. If we can't stop the AWB and the UN arms trade treaty I don't see anything slowing down.

Relax Obama has no desire to take any ones guns ....... We heard that for years what do you have to say now? we told you he was coming, he told you he was coming
    But you knew that.
    lowercase likes this.

Even the revolvers and 1911s are getting scarce and expensive. Crazy.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Just go to Guns for Sale - Online Gun Auction - Buy Guns at GunBroker.com - I see plenty of revolvers and self defense handguns there. I always go there to check prices and see what kind of availability there is. AR's and similar guns may be hard to find, but I am not in the market for one so I haven't really noticed.

The GS where I work PT was swept clean of ARs on Tues and Wed. We had more handguns than we could stick in the shelves and WOOOSH!, they're flying out the doors. Hi Cap mags are almost nill, and the phones ring off the wall for such items. Ammo sales have surged, and we sold a pallet of 223 in a few hours last Tuesday.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

I ordered my AR the day after the CT massacre because I just knew that if I waited any longer I'd probably never get what I wanted. Glad I jumped on it when I did. Same with the 30 round mags. Even got about 900 rounds of ammo before the LGS ran out. Aside from all things AR related, I haven't seen any other shortages. Plenty of handguns and handgun ammo still available.

Personally, I went on my little buying spree because I knew that availability was about to tank and prices were about to skyrocket. My foresight proved invaluable.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    I hear that Buds is so busy that people are parking down the street and as soon as you come through the door, you have to take a number if you want someone to wait on you. If they call you and you don't respond and they start to wait on someone else, you have to get a new number.

I have some friends that picked up some black rifles a week ago (not @ Buds). They were fortunate, the place didn't jack the prices and they got them for "normal" prices.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links