Defensive Carry banner

Skyy Firearms

6K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Rock and Glock 
#1 ·
Does anyone own a Skyy 9MM or .380? And if you do what is your opinion, whether it's good or bad, about their firearms. Thanx

#2 ·
I walked into a gunshop in Dallas, Ga. the other day and they had two of them in 9mm. Sweet well made lil' guns for what they are as I could tell. There was a thread or two posted on these forums sometime ago concerning them and what I can remember it was on a positive note. If you get one, please do a range report. :smile:

#3 ·
there we someposts about them here sorry dont have time to get link off to work in 2 mins

but in the begining it was good then it seemed the more they were shot the more problems came up seems like someone might of had a cracked frame..

Do a search it will come up there from this summer

#6 ·
I have a SKYY CPX-!, 9MM and like it very much. Looks good, feels good, made good, ammo quantity good, shoots good, felt recoil good, company response good and price great. I think I made a great deal.

#7 ·
Skyy

Their factory is a few miles from our gunshop. I met a few of their folks who had brought in a box of guns to test. We shot them at their invitation, except for a few that were warranty returns. They shot fine, but I didn't like the safety levers, and don't like the fact that the magazine is unique to the gun. If you can get by that, it seemed good competition to the Kel-Tec. Last week, a lady brought one in to shoot and the safety broke within 50 rounds. Don't know why, and no other problems.

BUT... I did hear some bad things about their management on another forum (PDO?) From what I understand, someone went on some gun forums promoting the gun without revealing he was the president of the company. That put me off a bit.

#8 ·
they are in the running against kel-tec. just as with any gun of this type/price you will have some problems. now i am not saying that all of their gun will give you problems, just some will. the same with kel-tec (i know, used p-11, no problems, 2g p3at, junk untill i did major work and free parts from kel-tec). as with the shyy they are (some guns) are having the "cracked frame" problem.

#11 ·
I have two. They both went back to the factory twice. Lifetime warranty and excellent factory service. I really liked both, and found them well made and good shooters, however, my malfunction problems put me off, so I haven't shot either in months. Having said that, you should visit the Skyy Forum (referral only due to extensive number of recent range reports therein). Recent reports are typically better than the initial, and some changes in the gun have eliminated some of the problems they've had. Skyy is a very young company, with some growing pains, but all in all, I do like both of mine.

I plan on putting several hundred rounds downrange this fall with both, with a lot of variety of ammo, including my typical SD rounds, to see if they'll pass muster for me as a carry weapon.

They do not recommend +P, or +P+.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.