Kel-Tec P-11 second generation?

This is a discussion on Kel-Tec P-11 second generation? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am in the market for a P-11 and am wondering if there is a second generation that I should be getting? If so how ...

Thread: Kel-Tec P-11 second generation?

Kel-Tec P-11 second generation?

I am in the market for a P-11 and am wondering if there is a second generation that I should be getting? If so how would I know Serial #, design change or what ? Thanks in advance.

i don't think there is a 2g for the p11. there is a 2g for the p3at. on the p11 the older ones had a 10 pound trigger/hammer spring, and i think now they have change it to 8 pounds. i pickup up a used p11 two years ago and it had the 8 pound trigger/hammer spring. the p11 is a great gun, but have you looked at their smaller 9mm that has just came out? for the money you can not go wrong with the kel-tec brand.

Most all use P11s have the 8.5 lb trigger and it was only the first few years that had the 10 lb trigger. If you buy a used one that has a 10 lb trigger, you give them a call and they will send you the 8.5 lb trigger for nothing! Great customer service.

My P11 is one of my primary carry guns and I trust it completely! Plus it is a good match for a S&W 69xx or 59xx gun because the same mags work for both.

MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Jarhead123,
    I found the P11 to fit the small of back rather well with nothing but the belt clip that attaches by the frame pins. If you look you can find 12 round magazines for the P11. Kel tec has them from time to time. The 12 round mags fit flush or you can use the Pearce finger tip extensions. I used lime green front sight paint, used the dremel to polish up the barrel. This is a nice little gun for the money. The trigger is easy to get used to and prevents accidental discharges. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by 8rounds View Post
    Jarhead123,
    I found the P11 to fit the small of back rather well with nothing but the belt clip that attaches by the frame pins. If you look you can find 12 round magazines for the P11. Kel tec has them from time to time. The 12 round mags fit flush or you can use the Pearce finger tip extensions. I used lime green front sight paint, used the dremel to polish up the barrel. This is a nice little gun for the money. The trigger is easy to get used to and prevents accidental discharges. Good luck.
    Welcome to the forum!

I did the front and back sight in different colors with glow in the dark for a little contrast.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

P-11 s are great. Add the trigger shoe and pinky rests on the mags and the belt clip for a super ccw!

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    I recently aquired a p11 in trade. It seems like a great little ccw piece. The trigger pull is a bit tough though. I think it must have the 10lb spring in it. After that, and a good fluff-n-buff I'll bet it will be a whole different weapon.

As others have said, if you don't mind putting a little time into fine tuning the weapon, and breaking it in, the kel-tecs are a good buy for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSamaritan View Post
    I recently aquired a p11 in trade. It seems like a great little ccw piece. The trigger pull is a bit tough though. I think it must have the 10lb spring in it. After that, and a good fluff-n-buff I'll bet it will be a whole different weapon.

As others have said, if you don't mind putting a little time into fine tuning the weapon, and breaking it in, the kel-tecs are a good buy for the money.
    Call up Kel-tec and if you have a 10 lb spring they will send you a 8.5 lb spring for nothing. They can also send you a small kit of recoil guide and springs for it for nothing and only take @ a week.
    MNBurl

If width and weight are a concern, as well, I'd say you could also wait a bit for their PF-9. Basically a single-stack PF-9...only a few of them have gotten out but production should ramp up considerably, here shortly. I've got one on order. But if you'd prefer the higher mag capacity the P-11s are great, and the guys over on the KTOG message board (and the KTRange message board too, I'm sure) can offer advice on how to tweak it to perfection.

The 8.5# triggers were added around s/n 23000. If yours is significantly higher, then you're probably good to go. The P11's trigger is long, but not all that bad... I'd suggest you go into some training to build up your forearms, I'm not kidding... By learning to shoot the P11 well you'll be surprised at how much better you shoot almost anything else you have.

My regimen was to dry fire at least 100 trigger pulls, slow and smooth, not jerked while watching TV. After you can do this without having cramps in your forearms, do it while consciously trying to keep the sights aligned. Do this for a couple weeks and you'll be fine.

Allan

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links