The Solution for MK9 Hard Nylon Grips!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on The Solution for MK9 Hard Nylon Grips!!!!!!!!!!!!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For those of you who have and love the Kahr MK9, you may be like me in that I hate the hard nylon grips on ...

Thread: The Solution for MK9 Hard Nylon Grips!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Distinguished Member Array Gideon's Avatar

For those of you who have and love the Kahr MK9, you may be like me in that I hate the hard nylon grips on this gun. They're slick in the hand on a good day. I've tried a lot of things such as a bicycle inner tube sleeve, Handall Jr, A Grips and some other "no name" solutions. I even bought checkered wooden grips. Although all of these solutions improved the grip a little I wasn't completely satisfied.

Well I finally found "thee" solution for me and perhaps for you as well. I purchased some spray on Plastidip product from Lowes. Normally you buy this stuff in a can and can dip tool handles in it to put a rubberized plastic coating on the handles. I bought black spray on plasti-dip to put on some wheels on a car.

I had the idea to try and "spray" this stuff on the hard nylon grips of my MK9 to try and give it more "grip". I like my wood grips but they're not the best either.

So, have you ever held a Kahr "K9"? Those have the hard rubber grips; the best grips I've ever held in my hands but they don't make grips for the smaller MK9 out of this material.

Well I finished my project and the new MK9 grips feel GREAT; they're rubbery, grippy, and look good with the black and stainless steel. I'm absolutely impressed with the texture and feel of the sprayed grips. Best of all, if you don't like it you can literally "peel" off the finish although it doesn't come off easily. If it gets dinged up you can redo it.

A lot of mod's or creative fixes look like homemade mods or fixes but this one looks completely professional. I'd recommend you do 4-5 coats waiting the 30 minutes between each one like they say. Then wait 24 hours to let it all really cure.

I'll try to post a pick but I suspect there are other MK9 owners who feel exactly like I do about the OEM grips...finally a perfect solution!

Merry Christmas everyone

Gideon

Let's see it.
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special - Walther P22
    LMT STD 16 - Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield - Mossberg 500B
    Marlin 336Y - Kahr MK9

Sponsored Links