Let the price gouging begin !!! >>> - Page 2

Let the price gouging begin !!! >>>

This is a discussion on Let the price gouging begin !!! >>> within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; They only get those outragous prices if you pay it....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Let the price gouging begin !!! >>>

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    They only get those outragous prices if you pay it.
    miller_man likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

The Easiest way to lower the prices...

Don't buy.....

Supply and demand works both ways

PAW
    MisterAvis and Bad Bob like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Roon View Post
    What I don't understand is why these manufacturers are not hiring like crazy to keep up with demand. It's not good business to keep your customers waiting. If supply and demand are functioning properly...supply should go up to meet demand...I understand that there is some lag....but come on...lets up production here. How hard is it to mass produce PMAG's? I mean come on....
    That is a long term solution to a short term problem. When demand peaks and goes back to normal levels, they'll be stuck with all of the employees and machinery they don't need anymore, and will probably be coming out at a loss.
    Bad Bob likes this.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    I have an FN 5.7X28 semi. I purchased it early in the year for under $900. Current prices on Gunbroker are anywhere from $1500-over $2000, if they are even listed. I purchased ammunition at around $20 for 50 rounds, which now sell for at least $40, if you can find it.

I have seen some gouging on g broker. I know about supply and demand but some of this is ridiculous. The sad thing is some people are paying $2,000.00 for a $700.00 gun. Once the panic settles down they will never get their money out of it. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashoften View Post
    On a recent purchase of 556 ammo from CTD I had ordered at a price of $14.19 and the price on the same ammo is now $21.19! I understand the price going up but that seems like a big jump in price from one day to the next.
    I looked at 5.56 surplus this summer and it was about $300.00 for 1000 rd. case. I was going to buy a case the Thur. before the CT shooting and it was $600.00.

I'm too scared to look how much it is now.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I was at Bass Pro this weekend and strolled by the Ammo/Gun Counter. They had plenty of guns in the cases, plenty of pistol ammo on the back shelves, and plenty of rifle ammo out on the other shelves. I didn't see any different prices on anything. So go to Bass Pro if you have one in your area, chances are they've got plenty of stock and aren't "gouging."

Your LGS is only going to charge what the market will bear. Just because they raise the price of a Glock to 575 from 500, doesn't necessarily mean they will sell at that price.

I have been watching Gun-Broker the last few days after reading of "price-gouging", and haven't seen any difference in bidding or prices for the most popular carry guns. Sure AR's and similar guns are more expensive, which is not surprising, given the hysteria. Just wait a while and it will all die down.
    Truth is treason in an empire of lies - Ron Paul
    No b@stard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb b@stard die for his country. - General George S. Patton

Senior Moderator
    Anyone believe that the Government will enforce the anti price gouging laws.
    That only applies in a government sanctioned "emergency". The fact that you dont like something does not make it an emergency.

Y'all just think that the prices are going up. These prices aint diddly compared to what they are going to be.

A prediction...

in proper English...
    You haven't seen anything yet...

In good ole boy dialogue...
    You aint seen nuthin yet...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

This is exactly what I said would happen when everyone "panicked" and bought everything they could get their hands on. You only have yourselves to blame. I am doing my part by only buying what I need. I found a store with some .380 ACP and only bought 200 rounds. Not like the guy who was spending over $1000 on ammunition at the counter. This is simply supply and demand folks. A box of 9mm FMJ is double now what it was 10 years ago. It is all of us that can change this.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    That only applies in a government sanctioned "emergency". The fact that you dont like something does not make it an emergency.
    Y'all just think that the prices are going up. These prices aint diddly compared to what they are going to be.
    Price fixing always has negative consequences... Kind of reminds me of every single other market manipulation enforced for "the greater good".
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." -Obligatory Founding Father Quote

I have seen some gouging on g broker. I know about supply and demand but some of this is ridiculous. The sad thing is some people are paying $2,000.00 for a $700.00 gun. Once the panic settles down they will never get their money out of it. What a shame.
    I'm willing to bet everybody trying to buy any AR's now aren't doing it because they will be shooting it,but want one before they may be banned and have no Idea in the different manufacturers quality.Then if they are banned in a few years will try to quadruple their money on a Doublestar or Stag or Bushmaster
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

There is a company here in SC that is in my town. They have TONS of .223 and other calibers if anyone is interested just pm me and I'll forward a link to their site. Their prices are reasonable and so far not price gouging.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post

A prediction...

in proper English...
    You haven't seen anything yet...

In good ole boy dialogue...
    You aint seen nuthin yet...

I agree whole heartedly! If a ban doesn't go through I'm pretty sure they're going to tax the hell out of ammo and gunsales in general! It's a small start to break us down. I guess re-loading is going to get very very popular. Unfortunately I don't have the space or safe area to reload anything. :(

It is the rule of supply and demand.

Outlaws and Goverment make up their rules. Businesses and lawful gun owners must do as needed to survive.

Give it a while they will come and take our guns away. Then there won't be a price increase. They are going to remove our guns one artical at a time it will take a few years. But its coming. We have to stop thinking about today and think about the future. This is a chess game you got to look where they are going and beat them to the punch. Stop throwing your money at what u don't have right now. Start throwing your money with commitment at the future. We have to unite every man Jack along with the manufacturers of everything gun in order to beat them. No bull
    It's put up or give up your fire arms time.
    R

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links