Let the price gouging begin !!! >>> - Page 3

Let the price gouging begin !!! >>>

This is a discussion on Let the price gouging begin !!! >>> within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm not buying anything gun related until the Lemmings are done...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Let the price gouging begin !!! >>>

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    I'm not buying anything gun related until the Lemmings are done

Quote Originally Posted by tony1990 View Post
    Anyone believe that the Government will enforce the anti price gouging laws.
    That would be interesting with them being the cause. I guess they would then just sue the tax payers and pocket the cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Roon View Post
    What I don't understand is why these manufacturers are not hiring like crazy to keep up with demand. It's not good business to keep your customers waiting. If supply and demand are functioning properly...supply should go up to meet demand...I understand that there is some lag....but come on...lets up production here. How hard is it to mass produce PMAG's? I mean come on....
    When the president of the Country is bent on shutting you down, running you out of business why would you invest a dime or hire anyone.
    They sold a 3 1/2 year supply of mags in 72 hours. There was no shortage until then.
    Oh I forgot Obama has no desire to take any weapons from anyone.

KSP
    Good thing my current cowboy action infatuation is relatively unaffected. I have a friend who is kicking himself because he hadn't gotten around to buying an AR, and now it's obviously too late for the time being.

I was in the market for a nice subcompact 45. A Springfield XDS 45. There was 2 articles in gun/pistol magazines about that particular model I had in mind. Given the current situation and the articles, I thought.......uh oh. Its was at my third stop at a GS, that had one in stock. This particular place, this was my 5th pistol purchase in the last six months. They get the gun out, and I fondled it some, noticing that the price tag had been altered.

I had the feeling that it was altered just a few moments before, as the (new) salesman and store manager went into the back with it. Then miracle of miracles, its now in front of me. I complained somewhat to the attending salesman, But I realised he was new, and not really in any position to do anything about it. The price was 599, and the previous price appeared to be $529.95 or so. Handwritten. I flipped the tag, and there was another price that was typed, for $525.00 We filled out the paperwork and to my surprise, the phone call was accomplished quickly,and transaction approved. we all moved to the cashier, with gun, and paperwork, to finish it up.

I recognised the girl at the cashier and she recognise me. Very beautiful and pleasant girl. I did a little mumbling to her about the price. She looked at it, an without any further ado, says.............. "Shhhhh, I'll give it to you at that price." I was surprised, I was only hoping for a "halfway adjustment." This she did do. I was so shocked as I left the place, just happy at my good fortune. I proceeded to go to a range and blew off 100 rounds that night.

Now that I'm at home looking at my new toy, I'm thinking I screwed up and that I need to go back, and see if I can't slip her a twenty or so, for my thanks..............................

Once I got home I proceeded to tell the wife, I ain't buying anymore toys, tll things calm down.

Guess maybe I didn't get too ripped off? I came to PA as usual to visit the inlaws. Had been planning on getting an AR lower. That's probably a dream now but I did score two G 27 9 round mags for $25 each. And a Ruger LCP mag for $29. Not sure what they should have cost but I saw the G 27 mags at another store for more. I just got the Glock and am not really looking for large cap mags, it only encourages me to burn through more $ at the range. Folks, these store shelves were on the bare side. Wait 'till the run is done and focus on what we can do to stop the madness.

Jim

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Anyone want to buy a used bushmaster for $1500? That's what the only shop I could find any inventory in wanted.

Or 3300 for a LMT? It was rediculous. I wanted another mag for my XDm in .40, and they wanted $50. I am so pissed right now. Some places are definitly price gouging.
    Walk softly ...

Cheaper Than Dirt as usual increases their prices. There is a thread on m4carbine.net where a guy took a screenshot where they were charging 59.97 for a PMag. You might be on the backorder list but you can still find them for normal prices. I remember CTD did this in 08 to and I haven't shopped from them since.

30 round steel magazines for AR-15/M16/M4 -- 18.70
    M16/AR15 Steel 30 rd 5.56x45mm Magazine - White Follower

Above found at the below Defensive Carry thread
    M16/AR15 Steel 30 rd 5.56 Magazine White Follower $17.76 after coupon + Free S/H*
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Distinguished Member Array VBVAGUY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Business 101 Supply and Demand

You are correct. However when things settle down in a few months to a year or so they will probably not lower the prices as we are now accustomed and conditioned to paying the higher price. Just like they are doing with gas prices. God Bless

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roon View Post
    What I don't understand is why these manufacturers are not hiring like crazy to keep up with demand. It's not good business to keep your customers waiting. If supply and demand are functioning properly...supply should go up to meet demand...I understand that there is some lag....but come on...lets up production here. How hard is it to mass produce PMAG's? I mean come on....
    It's a manufacturing operation. Most of the parts are made on CNC machines. Increasing productin isn't as simple as hiring more people. Hiring more assemblers just results in them sitting around with nothing to do waiting for parts. The machines are already probably running around the clock to keep cost down. They probably make different model guns on the same machines in production runs. They set up the run, get the material, purchased parts, etc. while a different gun is running, then convert and make another run.

Fitch
    kapnketel likes this.
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by southchatham View Post
    Don't buy now. If your short on ammo stop shooting it. I'm sure most of us are stocked up pretty good. I learned from the last shortage to stay stocked. So I'm fine and can lay low and wait it out. In 6 months this will die down with no ban!
    You're absolutely correct, it's a decision I'm toying with right now. I'm not exactly "short" on ammo, as I have a four month supply shooting IDPA, 3-gun, trap, etc., but...

I'd sure hate to take a break from my competition / sport shooting and everything return to normal a few months from now. then again, what if it remains the same or gets worse?

Lesson learned: You just can't have to much ammo.
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

Last Friday I went around town looking for PMAGS and maybe a new AR just for kicks before a possible AWB went in. I already have one, thought I might as well secure another.

Holy moly was that a bad idea. I visited seven LGS and man they were busy. Dozens of people crowding the smaller ones, easily 50+ at the counter at Sportsmans' PMAGs or other 30+ capacity AR magazines were selling anywhere from $34.99 up to a high of $129.99, and people had them in hand! Everywhere was sold of out AR's, AK's, and SKS's. One store I went to had the exception, one AK and one AR left, $2800 each, MSRP $999 and $1199 respectively. They told me they had sold their other ones already at their upmarked price. Crazy.

Even Alaskalist, which allows firearms adverts unlike Craigslist, was nutty. 30 round mags for 50+ each, AR's with hundreds of rounds through them for $2500+.

That doesn't even touch on handguns. A couple shops I went into, well known for their large amount of handguns, were looking darn empty. One of them had a PPS left, and it was marked at $700 with someone going through the background check to purchase it.

I'm not into panic buying, so I'm holding fast, got plenty of firearms and ammunition. In a way I'm glad to see it. Big boom to local economies, and manufacturers, which should have some weight on the economic impact vs gun control fight. On the other hand, I dislike the precedence it sets with LGS and manufacturing pricing.

Yeah, ordered a gun (HK .22 MP5 SD clone) @ JIMS GUNS, on YADKIN Rd. prior to the Connecticutt shooting and was quoted $499.

When gun came in (after tragedy), the "sales rep" had to "go in the back" and "see how much it was"...he quoted me: "it 'went up'...$619"

I informed him how convenient and what a cooincidence it was that the "mark up" was EXACTLY $120...

Just like the liberal gun-ban morons exploiting this tragedy to push their agenda, Gun shops exploiting the tragedy as well...

Sad, and sick.

Distinguished Member Array VBVAGUY's Avatar
    Well I went to one of our LGS here in Virginia Beach. They are also probably one of the largest if not the largest dealer in the Hampton Roads area as they own several stores. They still have a bunch of AR15's in stock. However I was looking at a Sig M400 that I had priced out a month ago there and they had a price of $879. This same Sig M400 is now $1500. The Colt LE6920 that a month ago was priced at $1150 is now $1650 !!! Now mind you that on the walls sitting there, they still have over 20 AR15's in stock of different makes. The Sig M400 alone they had about 5 in stock. God Bless

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links