Let the price gouging begin !!! >>>

This is a discussion on Let the price gouging begin !!! >>> within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just spoke with LGS that is probably the largest here in the Hampton Roads area and they say that most of their distributors have stopped ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Let the price gouging begin !!! >>>

Let the price gouging begin !!! >>>

Just spoke with LGS that is probably the largest here in the Hampton Roads area and they say that most of their distributors have stopped shipping items last Friday to rearrange and will be increasing their prices.....but of course to take advantage of the situation. I wonder how much of an increase we will see. God Bless

2. Remove Ads

I see Buds has raised Gen 3 Glocks up to 575.00 from 500.00
    "When you men get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    General Tommy Franks

One man's price gouging is another man's law of supply and demand. I think a 15% increase when you can't keep the product on the shelf doesn't seem outrageous.
    MisterAvis, aznav and aus71383 like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

On a recent purchase of 556 ammo from CTD I had ordered at a price of $14.19 and the price on the same ammo is now $21.19! I understand the price going up but that seems like a big jump in price from one day to the next.

Anyone believe that the Government will enforce the anti price gouging laws.

I have seen some crazy stuff on GB !

This was a post by buds at their facebook page

"Folks...you can believe what you want about all the price increases. The reality is that our costs have skyrocketed from distributors and you can't get anything direct from manufacturers at this time. We are paying a LOT more and paying COD (no dealer terms) just to get what we can get. If you don't really need it ?...our advice is just don't buy it at this time. We have had AR's, AK's, hi-cap magazines, and ammo on the website ALL YEAR LONG at low prices....when our cost was also low....and nobody here at Buds talked you out of buying any of these items from Jan-Oct. Heck, we even offered you 6 months, no interest, to pay for them when the prices were low....so you could have bought an AR for half the price back in June and be making your last payment right now. 90% of the people KNEW the possibility of a weapons ban was coming with re-election....don't blame Buds for for the price increases or your lack of planning. The people that are complaining are likely the same ones that are just now getting ready to start their Christmas shopping ! ;)"
    Proudly living in the free state of Florida

VIP Member
    Business 101 Supply and Demand
    aznav likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    One man's price gouging is another man's law of supply and demand. I think a 15% increase when you can't keep the product on the shelf doesn't seem outrageous.
    I hate that you're right. But you are.

My advice: don't buy in a panic. If you think that your LGS is taking advantage of the situation in an unfair manner, then stop buying from them. Patronize other businesses.

VIP Member
    I guy that I know from the range has been selling his Romanian AKs for $1,200.00 each and the magazine is an additional $100.00. He picked them up a few years ago for $269.99 each and they came with 2 mags.

I wish I wouldn't have had that terrible boating accident where I lost all mine.

What I don't understand is why these manufacturers are not hiring like crazy to keep up with demand. It's not good business to keep your customers waiting. If supply and demand are functioning properly...supply should go up to meet demand...I understand that there is some lag....but come on...lets up production here. How hard is it to mass produce PMAG's? I mean come on....

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    70 for a PMAG on ebay,150 for a Colt Steel mag........Sounds like the consumer has driven it just as hard

Its a good time to pick up some deals and make some cash IMO.....I am capitalizing in it myself
    I suggest you do the same,this kind garbage only happens every 10 years :)
    Jab73180 likes this.

A last weeks gun show mini 14 mags were going for $69.00 and glock mags for $40.00. Id rather they were expensive than gone possibly forever.

Distinguished Member
    Yep, seen some too, It's just supply and demand. I refuse to panic buy, but there are a few purchases I wish I would have already made though.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Don't buy now. If your short on ammo stop shooting it. I'm sure most of us are stocked up pretty good. I learned from the last shortage to stay stocked. So I'm fine and can lay low and wait it out. In 6 months this will die down with no ban!
    Hulley likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links