Define irony.......

Define irony.......

This is a discussion on Define irony....... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What a royal pain. Usually I see the gun I want, but don't have the money. Now I have the money, but can't find a ...

Thread: Define irony.......

Define irony.......

What a royal pain. Usually I see the gun I want, but don't have the money.

Now I have the money, but can't find a gun.

Considering a Smith 640 Pro, a SIG 938, a Shield, and a SIG 238.

Three are unattainable. The 238s are available, but I would want the ambi safety. That puts it around 7 bills. That's getting up there for a 380, and when a SIG fan says that, things are grim indeed.

At this point, I would resign myself to the 238 if there were no other options, which there may not be. The aluminum j frames never really caught my eye. Nor did the Rugers, Kel Tecs, or any other pocket guns. Would love a 938 SAS, and had a line on one, but that fell through. Shot a Scandium j frame once, and it will remain once. The 640 Pro would be a fine second place. Pretty sure Shields are urban legends, fabricated by Smith to bolster the stock price.

Amazing how everything has disappeared. I hope they come back. If you think it's frustrating when the gun you want is available but money isn't, try it the other way around.

VIP Member
    I know the feeling, finally had the money on hand for a Colt Delta Elite. Searching all the gun shows for over a year I was unable to find one. I got lucky though, an LGS I seldom go to had three in stock and I got the one I wanted. Next gun show I found two for sale and surprisingly the prices were higher than I paid.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Are you wanting an Ambi safety because you are a lefty? I'm right handed and I specifically bought a standard safety because the right side dug into my index finger knuckle. oh yeah, I bought a Blackwood P238.
    I carry a .357mag because no one bickers about the .357mag being "enough".

hang in there, gun sales have been up and down before... soon there will be enough for everyone. bunker
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

When I got my 640 Pro last year I called the Smith LE rep for this area. He told me then, if you see what you want you better buy it. Now it is only getting worse.

Good luck!
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

The ultimate irony is drawing a tree...on a piece of paper.
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

Hang on to your money.

Good things come to those who wait. Your deal will come along before too long.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Buddy buys a (name your brand) pistol and has nothing but trouble with it. You--being the good pal you are--take it off his troubled hands for a minimal fee. Gun now works flawlessly. Go figure.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Links