First carry choice for wife? - Page 3

First carry choice for wife?

This is a discussion on First carry choice for wife? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What about a K frame S&W? I have a 642 and when at the range my wife shot it twice with range ammo and didnt ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: First carry choice for wife?

What about a K frame S&W? I have a 642 and when at the range my wife shot it twice with range ammo and didnt like it and handed it to me. Of all of the guns I have the 4" k frame was the one that not only did she enjoy shooting but was very accurate for her. While she may not want to carry a 4" k frame sized gun I wonder about a 2 or 3" version.
    Sandpiper likes this.

I'm with camsdaddy....Overlooked only because they're not "current". Nearly everyone is on the small auto/5 shot snubby bandwagon, but a simple hand full of gun is still, IMO, superior to guns carried just because they're tiny. My Wife has options, but a 6 round S&W 64 offers a real practical alternative. K frames are much easier than little J's, carry an additional round, are nearly as easy to conceal. We're waiting for Mag-Na-Port to finish my Wifes 64 and we should have it back by the end of the week. Having it tuned and converted to DAO. As soon as it's back home I'll post some "after" photos. Here is the gun in question.....Sandpiper

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I will definitely look into the other options mentioned. I greatly appreciate the input.

My wife could not rack the slide on my semi autos either. Bought her the LCR and she liked the trigger immediately. No need to do anything to it before aiming and firing at BG.
    Kimber Solo 9mm, Walther PPS 9mm
    Kel Tec PF9 9mm, Ruger LCR .38
    Maverick 88 Tactical 12 ga shotgun at bedside
    Lifetime NRA member

My wife loves the full-sized Beretta PX4 and can operate it well. She does not like the Rossi sub nosed .38 her dad gave her... it seems snappy to her. I doubt she would ever carry. She likes the PX4 at home / bedside, and for sport shooting.

Maybe the 238 is the ticket.

I took my wife out on several occasions to try and find a CCW rig that she could carry. Tried everything. We came across the Sig P238 with the rubber grip. It was great. She could actually rack the slide with no problem and even hold a pattern at 25 yards with it. Racking the slide was the big problem she had with all the others. It even feels good in my hands also. Very well designed gun. Well worth the money. Thinking about buying a second one for my backup. I CCW a Walther PPS 9mm. She liked the way it felt and shot also, but could not rack the slide. It is rather stiff. Not a problem for me.

The hard part is trying to figure out how she is going to carry now.

I appreciate this thread since I've been doing a bit of research on a carry pistol for my wife as well. I was actually leaning toward the P238 as something to have her try. Currently she is set on her Ruger SR22 but I'd like her to have something with a bit more stopping power.

My wife liked my Kahr CW9 so much she bought one just like it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links