Sig Sauer P250

This is a discussion on Sig Sauer P250 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am the proud new owner of a P250 9mm sub-compact, and although I have only had time to put about 25 rounds through it, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Sig Sauer P250

Sig Sauer P250

I am the proud new owner of a P250 9mm sub-compact, and although I have only had time to put about 25 rounds through it, I love it. I'm still getting used to the DAO trigger, but I don't think it will take long. What are your opinions on the P250? Also, can I buy a compact grip module for this gun without changing the barrel? Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

Love my p250 compact and yes you can change mr potato any way you like. I carry the compact slide with the subcompact grip and sub compact mag in the summer for easier concealment. I carry the compact kit in the winter. The dust cover is made to cover the open area. The compact slide is only 1/4 of an inch longer than the grip frame.

The trigger is great. I like the consistency. My da/sa guns are great at the range but having a different trigger pull for the most important shot makes me nervous. I like the dao trigger and will probably never carry anything other than a dao pistol (revolvers and auto) again.

You made a great choice.

Ps

Be sure to practice one handed as well since the dao trigger reacts differently depending on grip.

Thanks for the input!

CJM
    My advice, go run more than 25 rounds through it before you declare that you love it.

There are very few sub $400 guns that give you more than you paid for, and the P250's are one of the few. Good luck with your new gun.

Quote Originally Posted by CJM View Post
    My advice, go run more than 25 rounds through it before you declare that you love it.

There are very few sub $400 guns that give you more than you paid for, and the P250's are one of the few. Good luck with your new gun.
    when the SIG P250's originally were introduced, they ran around $600 and up. At that price level, no one was buying them, so SIG dropped the price.
    Reminds me of when Smith & Wesson introduced the SIGMA back in the early 90's. They were $600 guns even then......and eventually a $300 gun.
    Any comparison of the SIG P250 and the Smith & Wesson Sigma was purely intentional.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

CJM
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    when the SIG P250's originally were introduced, they ran around $600 and up. At that price level, no one was buying them, so SIG dropped the price.
    Reminds me of when Smith & Wesson introduced the SIGMA back in the early 90's. They were $600 guns even then......and eventually a $300 gun.
    Any comparison of the SIG P250 and the Smith & Wesson Sigma was purely intentional.
    Good thing the Sigma's weren't priced like Kimbers, a $300 jam-o-matic is better than $1000+.

Sigman: Don't be discouraged by negative criticism from my colleagues on the forum. Most of those opinions are based on hear say about early models of the 250 that did suffer some teething problems like many other firearms manufacturers have gone through when introducing a new gun. But most of the neg comes from people who just hate the DA trigger. I own four 250s including 2 very early first generation models; each with over 1000 flawless rounds of service. My carry rotation includes a 250 SC in 9 mm, SC 40 S&W, and SC 45 ACP. So, you can certainly say I trust my life with them.

The 250 has its own devoted forum: P250SIG.COM and as a new member of the 250 family you may find it interesting. Any questions you have can be addressed by those who actually own 250s rather than those who never even owned one, but love to trash the gun.
    sigman25 and Tangle like this.

Sig Sauer P250

I have a P250SC in 9mm. It's becoming one of my favorite shooters. I like SIGs and this is an affordable SIG. I'm looking forward to doing some frame and caliber exchanges with it.
    buckshotshorty likes this.

Today I was able to put a lot more rounds through it, and am very pleased. I'm starting to really like the DAO trigger, and was very accurate with it. As a first time pistol owner, being very young, I really like my gun for the price. Looking forward to carrying my SC P250 9mm on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by sigman25 View Post
    Today I was able to put a lot more rounds through it, and am very pleased. I'm starting to really like the DAO trigger, and was very accurate with it. As a first time pistol owner, being very young, I really like my gun for the price. Looking forward to carrying my SC P250 9mm on a daily basis.
    Sigman I'm glad to hear you are enjoying your gun. I'd just like to pass something on to you that you may find helpful. For many years, I shot in steel plate matches using a wheel gun so the transition was easy for me. I really got better at it when I started squeezing the trigger straight through and not trying to "stage" the trigger. Aim; squeeze straight through.

stage: that's when you try to stop at the apex of trigger travel to take careful aim
    sigman25 and Tangle like this.

I have a P250c 9mm that is my primary carry pistol. I have over 3000 rounds through with no problems. I carry mine in a Kholster IWB at 3 oclock. I love to shoot it. I think you will really like it.

Thanks for the great advice!

I carry the p250sc in 9mm. I've put 300 rounds in it during my first trip to the range and it ran without a flaw and I was impressed by the accuracy. I was shooting mostly winchester white box which is somewhat notorious for causing jams but I experienced no issues. I love the trigger, I suggest buying some snap caps to familiarize yourself with the DAO, $10 for better trigger control.
    sigman25 likes this.

Distinguished Member

Re: Sig Sauer P250

I love my 250s I have over 3k rounds without much of a problem. Now I need to figure out which exchange kit to get in a compact. 45 acp or 357 sit.
    Sent using my phone.
    "Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Sig Sauer P250 2Sum 9mm, P250c 9mm - Glock 23 - Springfield Armory Loaded .45, XD Service 9mm - Ruger LCP, LCR, Smith & Wesson 638

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by skysoldier29 View Post
    I love my 250s I have over 3k rounds without much of a problem. Now I need to figure out which exchange kit to get in a compact. 45 acp or 357 sit.
    My oldest son got a full size in .45acp for a deployment commemorative. He likes it so far...I'm ok with it. I shoots like a big Keltec P11...which is also ok. The modular concept is interesting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links