Help! Nano front sight won't come off

This is a discussion on Help! Nano front sight won't come off within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just got my Nano NS and the stock R.Sight came off with no trouble, but the fr. sight!! Any helpful hints before it crumbles under ...

Thread: Help! Nano front sight won't come off

Just got my Nano NS and the stock R.Sight came off with no trouble, but the fr. sight!! Any helpful hints before it crumbles under the pressure of my pliers? Got the screw out, bit the sight won't budge. Thanks!
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Come on, GUYS/GALS: I'm dyin' here trying to figure out what's going on with this sight! SOMEBODY must have a clue because I sure don't! Thanks again .
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Clamp the slide in a padded vice ,then hit the sight with a nylon punch .

Thanks, roadrash! I did that, but couldn't get the screw to go all the way in after I literally had to POUND the old sight out AND the new sight in! It will do, I guess, but the screw does stick up a hair.

Most likely the loctite was holding on to the sight. A hot soldering iron applied to the front sight for a few seconds will break that bond.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

“Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
    Thomas Jefferson

I finally wrapped the gun with a thick cotton hand rag, put it in the vice, and gave the sight a few good whacks with a punch and hammer.It did the trick--- finally. I did get a few marks of the front end, but barely noticeable and now the screw, which was still visible before, is now down good and tight. Thanks for all the help.

Glad ya got it.

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    When at first you don't succeed...get a bigger hammer.

Jim

Actually a bigger punch!

Links