Mostly curious, how many carry a 1911 of some form for SD?

This is a discussion on Mostly curious, how many carry a 1911 of some form for SD? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Carry my TRP on occasion. It has proven to be just as reliable as my glocks and m&ps. Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk ...

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Mostly curious, how many carry a 1911 of some form for SD?

Re: Mostly curious, how many carry a 1911 of some form for SD?

Carry my TRP on occasion. It has proven to be just as reliable as my glocks and m&ps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

2. Remove Ads

Colt New Agent in the winter.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found raped and dead in an alley, strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker took two to the chest.

I have carried a 5" Para-Ordnance P-14 (double stack 1911 .45) almost exclusively since I bought it just prior to the '94 AWB. Although I currently carry OC I have several CC holsters for it including tuckable IWB, belt slide and shoulder and will always carry 1 spare mag and usually 2.

I carry one of either a P238, RIA Compact Tactical, or a Sig STX fullsize.

I rotate between a 5" 1911 and a Glock 19. The 1911 is seeing more time just because I just got it, but I'm expecting things to balance out in a few weeks.

I carry a full size Kimber Custom TLE II daily except in the summer when it is hot and I'm wearing shorts and a tank-top. Then I pocket carry a S&W 642. But anytime it is cool enough to wear an unbuttoned shirt or any other concealed carry garment, I'm carrying a 1911.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar

Mostly curious, how many carry a 1911 of some form for SD?

Either a lightweight commander or a full size 1911.
    QKShooter likes this.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    I have reverted to carrying my Les Baer 1911 concealed much of the time. I still carry my DAK SIG P229R in my duty holster, and long believed in carrying my duty pistol concealed on my own time, but diminished capability in one hand has me preferring narrower-framed pistols, when I have the choice. (All of my authorized primary duty pistol choices are double-column-mag .40.) I have long regarded most double-column-mag pistols as handS-guns, not handguns, and having only one good hand, lately, has reinforced the point. My Baer's single-column grip frame, and sharp checkering, make it a true HANDgun.

I started handgunning in 1982 or 1983 with a 1911, and still regard it as a superb battle pistol, and near-perfect for concealed carry. I reckon a slicked, spurless-hammer DA revolver to be the perfect concealed carry gun, but a 1911 is a close second.

I have also recently started taking my Baer 1911 to work with me, as an authorized "back-up"
    pistol!
    QKShooter likes this.

For my carry weapon, it it usually one of two I have. Either the SP101 or the RI 1911 compact. I really like the Rock and it has never let me down or failed. It has a little weight to it for everyday carry but I have a good gunbelt, holster and wear suspenders.
    Equality does not exist in the real world - it is a fiction to help the self esteem of those people who consistently fail to succeed.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

Distinguished Member
    The Ruger SR1911 is high on my acquisition list and I'll be carrying it in rotation with my M&P40c depending on how I want to, or need to, dress.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

My vote is YES. I've never carried a full size 1911, but I have carried a Colt Commander quite often. I've also carried a Colt New Agent in .45 and 9mm, but some would call those variations on the 1911 platform and not a true 1911. Fair enough. I won't argue that. I've also carried a RIA Compact 1911A1, which is about the size of the Colt Officer....which some would not consider a 1911 either.
    "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, I have others." - Groucho Marx

Had my introduction to the 1911 forty years ago. I've kept one close at hand ever since.
    Totin' a Colt Defender in a Milt Sparks VM II these days.

I do................

4 in. Kimber Pro CDP II, depends on what I'm wearing. I shoot it for IDPA and carry it whenever I can.

Absolutely. Commander sized 1911 with an officer frame. Dan Wesson makes a great lightweight carry 1911.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Links