Kel-Tec P3AT HC... a nice little package

This is a discussion on Kel-Tec P3AT HC... a nice little package within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Got a wonderful surprise today, and I was set up for it good. My son told me last week that he had ordered a Kel-Tec ...

Thread: Kel-Tec P3AT HC... a nice little package

Kel-Tec P3AT HC... a nice little package

Got a wonderful surprise today, and I was set up for it good. My son told me last week that he had ordered a Kel-Tec P3AT with a Hard Chrome slide from a dealer on gunbroker.com, and that he was having it delivered to the ffl/dealer who lives not too far from us. My son also has his CHL and is into guns of all sorts, so his getting another one was not suspicious in any way.

The gun arrived and he brought it by the house today so I could give it a good cleaning. (I do all the gun cleaning in our family, I like doing it and feel better when one leaves my shop in tip top condition) As I was looking over the P3AT, he kept asking me how I liked it. I said fine, it seemed like a pretty nice little package for a pocket carry back up gun. He then replied, "Good because it yours !" He had heard me talking about a couple of friends of mine a while back, each of them has a P3AT and I really liked the gun after getting to look at theirs. Anyway, he wanted to surprise me as a way of saying congratulations for making it through the 40 radiation treatments I recently completed for Hodgkins Lymphoma.

Needless to say, I was shocked, surprised, and very, very happy ! It is a great little gun and very easy to strip down and clean. Looking forward to going to the range with it next week. I normally carry a Kimber Tactical Ultra II for my concealed carry choice, but this Kel-Tec in a front pocket will be a great BUG, or even better for those really hot Texas days when I just don't feel like wearing a lot of clothes.

Perfect timing too, helped to get my mind off my upcoming visit with the Oncologist on Monday. Had all the scans run last Monday, will go in this Monday to see how the radiation treatments did. Good news means clear scans and I am good to go with additional scans every three months for the first year. Not so good news means chemo starts pretty quick. Needless to say, all our prayers are for good news !

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    Nice gesture & hope it is good news for you.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Sounds to me like you are going to be just fine. Keep up the good attitude and active life.

WOW! I should send this link to my son as a hint. Good luck with the treatments and you will be in my prayers. My brother has the same as you but there is nothing he can do for his. Luckily his is not doing anything so it looks good. He found out after breaking his back in a motorcycle accident. What a way to find out.
    Don't be a fool and die for your country. Let the other sonofabitch die for his.

George S. Patton

congrats on the new toy and I hope all goes well with your health...

If you have any questions or problems with your P3AT go to this web site, it's a Kel Tec owners site. Go to the forums, register and start asking questions. They can tell you how to make you P3 hummmm!

Here: http://www.ktog.org/

Great group, loads of info...
    Be safe.

Congrats...

on the new gun...and a thoughtful son...

Enjoy...

Stay safe~!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links