Another question (of many to come I'm sure) For first CCW G26, M&P9c or P938 - Page 2

Another question (of many to come I'm sure) For first CCW G26, M&P9c or P938

This is a discussion on Another question (of many to come I'm sure) For first CCW G26, M&P9c or P938 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The Sig P938 is an awesome gun. I have 2. Here is a link to a recent thread that has a link to other recent ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Another question (of many to come I'm sure) For first CCW G26, M&P9c or P938

VIP Member
    The Sig P938 is an awesome gun. I have 2. Here is a link to a recent thread that has a link to other recent threads on the P938 What do you think of the P938?
    candalos likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by wondering View Post
    I'm also considering a S&W M&P9c due to its size and ambi thumb safeties, but the segmented trigger feels like it could be a weakpoint and the thumb safeties feel a little fragile as well.

I absolutely love my M&P9c. I have about 6,000 rounds through it and its operated flawlessly. I carry it every waking moment....however I opted for the model without a safety.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

VIP Member
    The FNS-9 meets your criteria, carries easily and is fun to shoot. All controls are ambi (mag release, slide release and safety).
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by wondering View Post

On pistols with manual safeties, is it worth going without a safety in order to ensure being able to fire under duress?

Thanks in advance
    I think if your willing to train yourself to deactivate a safety it may work for you, but for me I will never have a safety on any of my pistols used for CCW. If you think about the extra time it takes to deactivate a safety (maybe 1 or 2 seconds) in a self defense encounter those seconds could mean the difference between life and death. I always carry my M&P 40c with one chambered and no safety.

As far as the option of pistols your considering I would have to recommend the M&P 9c being I love my 40c so much, but it all comes down to personal preference. I've never had a problem with mine whatsoever. Good luck in your purchase I really believe you can't go wrong with the M&P line. Have you considered getting the 40c and buying a 9mm barrel and mag to practice with 9mm and carry with 40? That's what I've done and works great.

Like I already said, my M&P9c is the model without a safety. I carry 12+1 (full mag and one in chamber), and I have never had an accidental discharge. use common sense and keep your finger off the trigger....and get a decent holster and you won't have much to worry about.

One concern I have about a manual operated safety, is when your adrenaline is running your find motor skills go down the toilet. So one more thing you have to manipulate in order to fire your weapon could cost you your life.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

Guitarz-

I wasn't aware that you could swap the 9mm barrel into the. 40 frame. Thanks for mentioning that. I've heard nothing but great things about the M&P line and now I'm considering a 9c without a safety. The grip extension on the mag (not to mention the 2 extra rounds over the G26) is a big plus.

If you buy the M&P9c new, it will come with two 12 round magazines. One has the finger extension and the other does not. I called Smith & Wessons customer service and they sent me a finger extension for my second magazine for free.

Smith & Wesson M&P9c

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    Carry a g23 and a couple signs the938 and 238 both are great guns the block is going to give you more rounds than the Sig and slighted harder to conceal but and size gun can be dressed around with a good belt and holster find a local range or gunstore that allows you to try, or rent guns then shoot the three on your list and which ever one you shoot better with buy it the glock 23 has the capability purchasing 357 and 9mm barrels giving you three guns in one
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

I am a Glock man myself. I would recommend practicing with the gun a lot until you feel comfortable. The lack of a safety is not a big deal once you get comfortable with it. It just takes time and a familiarity with the gun.

I bought a 26 a couple years after a 19 and regret buying it. The 19 is much better, especially for a new to concealed carry person. I'm actually thinking of selling the 26 and getting a third 19 for swapping out and home defense. My wife also agrees BTW.

Buy a 19 and a good hybrid holster. A Glock is a great first gun. You'll be able to detail strip it in no time and fully understand how striker fired semi autos function. They are very user friendly and are very safe.

Quote Originally Posted by thrashdog View Post
    Springfield XD subcompact. Awesome guns has two manual safeties one on but and one on trigger. has chambered round indicator and ready to fire indicator. Is also ambidextrous.
    This is what I would reccommend I have owned my xd 40 compact for three years or more has never failed me only thing I have done to it was add tritium sights. Shot atleast 1500-2000 rounds no relability issues at all. Don't like the texture of the XM but seems the 3.8 might be a choice for you as well

M&P love here!
    An imperfect servant of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ

Buying American made, keeping Americans working
    ....Whenever I still can

What non-shooter are YOU planning on taking to the range?

I like the safety arrangement on the XD line, but their sub-compacts look like they have such a high bore axis. I would think that would contribute to muzzle flip. I fired an XDs yesterday and like that platform. I wish they had that in a 9mm or am I missing them? Every time I click on sub-compacts on Springfield website it directs me to 45 ACP pistols.

I'd get a 938 personally--I love my 238, and was initially put off by rumors of FTE issues with the 938, but it appears to have been corrected (again rumors). Now it is pretty high on my wish list because I love my 238. If the 938 shoots at all like the 238 it is a winner in my book. You'd have t decide if you're comfortable with the trigger and carrying it cocked and locked though. After initially thinking about it (that hammer looks pretty intimidating when it's cocked), I have since become just fine with it and feel totally comfortable carrying that way.

Firecrackerktm-
    I think the majority of the 938 FTE's were with 115 gr. ammo where sig recommends 124 gr.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links