Beretta pistols? - Page 2

Beretta pistols?

This is a discussion on Beretta pistols? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; RE. Beretta CS: I recently sent a .32 acp Tomcat to the factory for inspection and repairs. I was somewhat concerned because I am not ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Beretta pistols?

RE. Beretta CS: I recently sent a .32 acp Tomcat to the factory for inspection and repairs. I was somewhat concerned because I am not the original owner. I kept getting "awaiting inspection " notices on their site and I finally called. Turns out the problem was not fixable, so--- get this!--- they're sending me a new gun!! Can you beat that for Customer service? I don't think so!
    darbo likes this.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

VIP Member
    I don't have any problems with the 92s. I don't carry it. I love to shoot it at the range.
    I have no experiance with the poly framed ones. I have Glocks for carry if I did not I would have no problems considering the Beretta brand.

Well I have both. The Stoeger Cougar which is basically a Beretta, Love the 92 platform this is just a short version. 15+1 in a 9mm whats not to like ... For me this thing is a tac driver. Carried the 92FS in the 80's and never an issue. Stupid simple take down, and again I just like the design :)
    cougar_large_compact_black-1.jpg

I also have the Nano, again I like this Micro compact 9mm. Great new design, super flat, shoots very well for such a small form gun. I personally have had Zero issues with my Nano with all kinds of ammo. I just got the extended magazine for 8+1 and a place for my pinky :) Again whats not to like but to each our own. It feels good in my hand.

photo9-10.jpg

Was forced to carry a 92F . I would have preferred my old 45. The 92F was a sturdy weapon and built to take a beating. It work well.
    I did not like carrying a Beretta in uniform but that was the issue . I would not buy one because IMO they are way over priced and not US made .
    The best sell handguns are the ones you seldom hear their name Ruger

VIP Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    Just picked up a Beretta 92A1 for $571 out the door and a $50 mail-in rebate. It was a good deal... I got hooked after shooting an M9 for just nine rounds going through leftover ammo after I helped run the M9 qual range one summer. Big, but surprisingly ergonomic- no recoil, dead-nuts accurate.
    Not my circus, not my monkeys.

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    I have the Beretta px4 C and like it quite a bit. It is as smooth a shooter as it gets. I highly recommend it.

VIP Member
    I have the Beretta 92A1. Solid gun with very little recoil. Excellent range gun. A little large and heavy for concealed carry.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

I carry a Beretta 96FS in .40 Smith and Wesson in a fanny pack concealed holster with two spare magazines of eleven rounds each. I find the pistol to be accurate, reliable and surprisingly not too heavy for daily carry. I ordered a used Beretta 96D (double action only) from J and G Sales in Prescott, AZ as a companion firearm to my first last October, and found the pistol to be pleasant and not too difficult to shoot. I was surprised to see that they still have them for sale, even with all of the craziness, for as low as three hundred dollars, and spare used magazines for fifteen to seventeen dollars a pop. Just something to keep in mind if you are still searching for a decent full-sized self defense sidearm.

My ol' 70's-vintage M84W is one of my "pride & joy" guns. Not the ideal CC gun due to the fat grips, but it's a superb piece of workmanship, and 100% reliable:
    Beretta M84.jpg
    Regards,
    Jim
    darbo likes this.

I love the look of the pistol. A true classic!

Wife has 92FS Compact for carry and a full size for the range. I rotate a PX4SC with a Colt New Agent, go figure. Like others have stated, they go bang every time you pull the trigger.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found raped and dead in an alley, strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker took two to the chest.

Beretta pistols?

FWIW, I love my Berettas. I have a 96FS, a PX4 Storm full size .45, and I carry a Nano.

I had some FTEs with the Nano at the outset, but it has been perfect with 124gr (or higher) ammo.

The Storm is a joy to shoot. Even the wife loves to fire it and she hates shooting my .45s.
    Cheesewiz likes this.

mrorph; WELCOME from Ohio! Gotta love those Beretta's.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

My EDC is a px4 compact. Love the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    I would not buy one because IMO they are way over priced and not US made .
    Might want to take another look, then. BUSA = Beretta USA. The Nano is 100% US made. You can also have your choice between US and Italian in the 92 series.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links